chapter 2

As the girls makeup artists did their work, Camila felt the sudden heat of someone watching her. Once her eyeshadow was finished, she opened her eyes and looked in the direction of the glare and found herself looking at Lauren from across the room.

Even though it had just been an hour ago that the shower incident happened, Lauren hoped the feeling could just pass by already and things could go back to normal. Each time they glanced at each other, it all this weird tension. Not sexual, but rather confusing tension. This was so odd. Hopefully the photoshoot would distract her for a while.

In the next half hour, they were all finally done with hair and makeup and were all ready for the shoot.

They were all decked out in white for the Seventeen photo shoot, luckily time went by smoothly, Lauren was standing besides Dinah the entire time and Camila was sandwiched between Dinah and Ally with Normani at the far end. They had done so many photo shoots like these for years now, that posing now came naturally. Compared to the beginning when the photographers basically had to teach them step by step how to smile or how to stand, they seemed like naturals now.

"That's a wrap with the white outfits." The photographer for Seventeen said snapping his camera shut. He signaled to his crew who quickly got left their positions by their cameras and turned up the light, switching the current blue background into a pink.

The girls stepped aside letting the crew organize and headed to the dressing room to change into their last outfit. This one was all black. Everything was going fine and they were almost wrapping up when he called out what Lauren had drastically been dreading.

"Camila, stand next to Lauren."

Lauren forced a smile as Camila stood besides her. The fans blasted right through her band mates hair, giving her a small whiff of her strawberry shampoo, a reminder of what had happened earlier that morning. She tried to ignore it as she focused on the cameras. She didn't know if she was just nervous or if it was Camila's presence but she felt like the flash from the cameras were giving her a headache.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Camila leaned forward, pressing her backside against Lauren. It didn't bother her much until the younger girl suddenly leaned back and crashed her body into Lauren's. She could smell the fragrance of her hair twice as much and now she could feel her on her own body. Lauren tried continuing to smile but instead said quietly, "Camz stop." Hoping that the camera man hadn't noticed.

Camila moved away from her and they continued smiling and posing for the camera. Lauren hoped the camera hadn't caught those shots and if they did, she hoped they wouldn't be leaked. Harmonizers shipping camren had hit a small nerve in the past, but now she felt like it bothered her for a whole other reason. She didn't even want to think about that right now.

"That's a wrap!"

The girls all thanked the staff, got dressed and headed into their cabs. Luckily the interview wasn't too complicated, Seventeen wanted to shoot an individual "OOTD" Behind the scenes shoot. Which was recorded in no time. Avoiding Camila, Lauren decided to wait up and catch a ride in the second uber with Normani.

"Are you okay?" Normani asked as they finally sat down, noticing how quiet she  had been the entire time.

Lauren nodded at her friend, "yeah I'm fine, just thinking."

"Anything specific?"

"No not really-" she looked down noticing her phone had received a new text message from the one person she was avoiding.

Camila Cabello:
Hey is everything okay?

Lauren Jauregui:
Yes, why?