19. Promise?

Song : We own it

Early update!
***
       I step out of the car looking around. The venue of the racing was like the name implied, on the streets. Yes, regular streets. I wanted to run because even with what experience has dealt my way, I realize I am not like them. And somehow the theory spouted by Lexis didn't seem so right. Lexis was crazy and agreeing with a crazy man would only make me a fool or equally crazy. Please Lord i don't want to be imprisoned. I close my eye in prayer.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice I knew too clearly.

I open my eyes glaring at Lexis.

"It's all your fault," I say my voice laced with anger.

He chuckles. The thing actually chuckled.

"You're hot when angry," He says nodding to his two partners in crime. They release me. I turn to hit the first exit.

"Not too fast," Lucas says standing in front of me laughing. MJ, Karen and a blonde girl by his side.

"Come on now, just this once stay? Please?" Jess begs.

I didn't even want to consider it.

"Whose idea was it to bring her here?" MJ says glaring at me. I wrap my arms around my body biting my lips. She really doesn't like me. Lexis walks next to me.

"Mine," He says standing next to me as if daring her to go against him. They both look at each other. MJ frowns but stays quiet. I look up at him surprisingly comforted by his action.

"What if you get caught?" I ask feeling nervous.

They all look at Lexis and laugh.

"Not with Lexis here," Zane says coming behind MJ wrapping his arms around her waist in a back hug. What does he mean by that? I look at Lexis whose eyes are now on the tracks.

"Lucas," Lexis says.

"We've got her," Lucas replies coming to stand next to me. I look at both of them. Is he telling Lucas to protect me or is he making sure I don't run away?
       I hated how they communicated without words leaving me out of the loop. I also hated how he thought I needed babysitting.

"I don't need babysitting," I say before I can stop myself.

"Look around you, this is not a place you want to be left all by yourself. Trust me," He says. All around all kinds of people littered the area.

"I don't want to," I reply, why should I trust the guy who abandoned me just a while back? An expression crosses his eyes for a brief second. Was that hurt? No it couldn't be. Lexis is not capable of that. I was pretty sure he had no emotions.

"I've got a 187, Drivers to your positions" A voice calls out.

"have you placed?" Reid asks Lexis.

"2000," He says and they cheer fist bumping.

"Let's go," Lexis says walking to the tracks with Reid. Reid takes a few steps and stops before walking back to me.

"Promise you won't run?" Reid asks holding my hand. I squeeze it and sigh nodding. He smiles and runs up to Lexis who is standing looking at me with an unreadable expression.

***
Don't forget to vote :-)