11: Cristina

I woke up the next morning, in Mark's bed, alone. I stretched my arms, and sat up. Last night's events poured into my mind, and I blushed fiercely. I got out of his bed, and quickly dressed myself. I snuck out of his room, and went to my own to brush my teeth. I then walked back down the hallway towards the kitchen. When I got there, everyone was already there.

Julian was making pancakes, Emma helping him, both of them laughing about something. Everyone else sat at the table. Lucie and Cordelia were smiling together, as were James and Matthew. Jesse, Anna, and Diego were speaking, and Diego look up at me. Dru was making funny faces at Tavvy, making him laugh, and Ty and Livvy were both looking down at Ty's book. I knew that Mark was sitting at the table, but I avoided his gaze.

"Good morning." Emma smiled at me.

Julian and Emma sat down at the table, as did I, Julian bringing the pancakes.

"How did you sleep?" Emma asked casually.

I blushed bright red. "Good."

I then finally looked up at Mark. He was grinning at me, looking very amused. I blushed, and smiled slightly at him. I began to eat my pancakes, trying to not think about last night. My eyes studied the kitchen, and they found the spot where Mark had kissed me. I looked at over at him again, to see him looking at the spot, too, blushing. I giggled a bit, and quickly covered my mouth. Emma looked over at me.

"You okay?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Fine." I held back a smile.

My eyes went to Mark, again, and he was grinning at me again. I only shook my head at him. Emma looked between us, suspiciously, and I quickly looked away from him. I didn't know if I was going to tell her what happened between Mark and I right away.

"Do you guys think Christopher has found a way to bring us back, yet?" Matthew started.

Lucie sighed. "I don't even know. You know how he is."

"It was worse when we were younger." Anna said. "I remember when I was ten and he was eight, he thought that Shadowhunters fell from the sky, because Raziel threw them out of heaven."

At that, Ty laughed. "Is he your brother?"

"Yes," Anna sighed. "It is quite difficult being his sister, sometimes."

Suddenly, we all heard a loud crash from the living room of the Institute. We all jumped, startled, and ran towards the sound. When I finally saw what it was, my eyes widened. Someone had come through a portal, and had portaled straight into the coffee table. It was a boy, who looked about seventeen. He was one of the most beautiful boys I had ever seen. He had dark black hair, and blue, blue eyes. Come to think of it, he looked like James.

"Bloody hell." The boy stood up, dusting himself off. He was British. "You would think that Christopher would portal me somewhere safe."

The boy looked up, and his eyes widened.

"Jamie, Lucie! Oh, thank the angel you two are okay. Your mother and I were so worried." The boy said.

"Father? Is that you?" Lucie looked shocked.

"Of course it is." He replied.

"But--but you're so young." James was wide eyed.

The boy looked into the mirror that was on top of the mantel, and shouted.

"By this angel, I am! And don't I look just dashing!" He exclaimed, grinning. "Christopher had warned me that this might happen. It was some sort of side affect."

"Lucie," Emma seemed in a trance. "Your dad is hot."

Lucie and James both looked disgusted, but their father was grinning wildly.

"Thank you, Miss. I'm Will Herondale, who are you?" He grinned.

"Emma Carstairs." Emma replied, regaining her composure.

Will froze. "Carstairs?"

Lucie beamed. "Isn't that wonderful, father? There are Blackthorns, too. And Emma said she knows Lightwoods, Fairchilds, and Herondale too!"

"Herondale's? How fascinating." Will spoke.

"Wait, you're Jem's Parabatai. He's talked about you." Emma said.

"He talked to you? How? He is a Silent Brother." Will said.

"He isn't, father!" Lucie smiled happily. "The Herondale boy saved him! He is a mortal now, and he is with mother."

"Of course it would be a Herondale to save him." Will smiled, nothing but love in his eyes at the thought of his Parabatai.

"What are you doing here, uncle Will?" Anna asked.

"Christopher wanted to send you lot a message that he was working on the portal, so I told him to send me. Tessa, of course, did not want me to come, but I wanted to. The angel knows I never listened to her, and probably never will." Will smirked slightly.

"What did all of our parents say when they found out we were gone?" Matthew asked.

"They all tried not to kill Christopher, but he said it was your fault, Matthew." Will said.

"Of course he did." Matthew grumbled.

Everyone spoke for a bit, and then Julian and Emma decided to show Will his room. Everyone dispersed, but I noticed that Mark lingered, so I did too. When everyone was gone, I was in his arms.

"Good morning." He brushed his nose with mine.

I blushed. "Good morning."

"How was your night?" Mark teased.

I rolled my eyes at him, grinning. "Fine, what about you?"

"One of the best of my life." He whispered softly.

Our faces were centimetres apart, and his unique coloured eyes were bright. I pressed my lips to his, and Mark kissed me back. My arms went around his neck, pulling me towards him. Just then, I heard someone's voice.

"Cristina, I need you to--oh by the angel." They said.

Mark and I sprang, and I saw Emma standing there. She crossed her arms, and smirked at us.

"I knew it! You two were acting so strange this morning." She said.

Mark and I blushed, and Emma laughed at us.

"I didn't think you'd move on so fast after me, Mark." She joked.

He chuckled. "Sorry to burst your bubble, Em."

She only laughed, and walked away, shaking her head. Mark and I looked at each other again, and burst out laughing.