CHAPTER 12- RELAXING WITH JAMES!

CHAPTER 12

RELAXING WITH JAMES!

MIA COLLINS

He asks me to go out for a movie with him. I've never been asked by anyone except Emma and now butterflies fill my stomach and all my tears are gone. I blush and I hope he doesn't notice but he already did I suppose because he is winking at me for my reaction. This makes me blush even harder.

"Mia..." he says mockingly and I look down trying to hide my face that has become like red tomato.

"You're ... blushing!" he says mockingly and I look up at him.

"Because you're such a flirt..!" I let out my words and he seems to blush. He runs his fingers through his hair and innocently raises his eyebrows but his cheeks are tinted with red.

"So, it's a yes?" he interrupts me from gazing at his beautiful face.

"Umm... what?" I ask confused.

"Is it a yes for watching a movie with me?" he asks with hopeful eyes and I can't deny him.

"Yes, b-" I say but he interrupts me by his reaction. He beams at me and throws his hands up in mirth and acts weird.

"James, what?" I ask him dazzled at his reaction.

"I just made a studious girl accept to bunk the rest of the classes to watch a movie with me!" He mocks and jumps and I frown at him and blush at the same time.

The both of us manage to get out of the campus and James insists on walking to the nearby movie theater when I ask him to take his car.

"So, what do you think how this day went?" He asks me.

"Umm...worst and the best." I answer innocently.

"Worst? For-"

"Worst for getting kicked out of the class and best for.... Watching a movie with you." I interrupt him and the last sentence comes out in a low voice.
He keeps running his fingers through his hair while we walk in silence. He smiles sometimes and sometimes looks tired. It's been quite a long while since we spoke and finally he breaks the silence around us.

"I heard that you're a great singer." He says and I become shy.

"Well, -"

"Can you sing something?" he asks me and I widen my eyes in surprise.

"What? While walking?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Okay, some other time?" he asks more like a question and I nod my head.

We finally reach the movie theatre and look at the list of movies going on. James looks at me eagerly and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"What do you wanna watch?" he asks me and I look back at the list.

"Maybe' The Fault In Our Stars'?" I suggest and he looks surprised.

"I thought of the same thing, you know?"

"Oh...!" and we laugh.
We reach the ticket counter and ask for two tickets. I take out the money but James insists that he'll pay for me. Well, I couldn't protest any further. There are fifteen minutes left for the movie to begin so we wait in the hallway.

"Let's have a bite." He says and I immediately turn to the food counter.

"Okay."

"What do you want?" he asks me and I scan the items in the counter.

"Popcorn and Pepsi." I answer and we walk towards the counter. He asks for two popcorns and two Pepsi. He takes out his money but his time I succeed in paying the money for us.

"Stubborn" He mutters and I whisper the same thing back to him. He smiles and I smile at him. I gaze at 'The Fault In Our Stars' movie banner. I gaze at the actors' pic.

"He's so... handsome, right?" he asks me looking at the actor Ansel Elgort in the banner. I flush and nod my head.

"He looks very young." He comments.

"He's just twenty one now and when he did this movie he was younger." I say him and he looks surprised.

"You seem to know his biography" he winks at me and I can't help but blush.

"Hope you know my biography as well as you know his" he smiles wryly and I again can't help but blush.

"I know you better than him" I mutter but he didn't notice it.

We are asked to proceed to the theatre as the movie begins in a few minutes. We sit in our seats and look back. There is hardly anyone in the theatre. It's all dark and fascinating. I'm too excited. James sips his Pepsi and smiles at me. I smile back at him when the movie begins.