War Prisoner Chapter 78

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 78

The effect of this single sentence was like clouds parting to reveal a bright full moon or the snows melting with the advent of spring. Wanyan Xu had become so frozen that he had lost almost all sensation in his face, but even so, a stiff rictus of ecstasy formed on his face, making him look extremely weird. In great excitement, he stood up but with a "pu tong" sound, he sank back down into a kneel. The pain in his knees was akin to having countless silver needles piercing the flesh of that area. Both numb and pained, that singular feeling was beyond his ability to describe. With Zi Nan supporting him, he managed to slowly regain his feet, but once again, his body sank down and he fell heavily onto the frozen ground.  

At this, Zi Nan became so scared that her flower-like face lost its colour. Although she was not learned in the field of medicine, she understood that Wanyan Xu was unlikely to retain function in his legs. In panic, she hurriedly tried to help him up again, only to see that Wanyan Xu appeared to be even more terrified than she was. Leaning on her arm, he tried to struggle up as if his life depended on it.

Wanyan Xia gave a cold laugh and said: "What? Are you afraid now? Afraid that your legs will become disabled? Why then, did you put on an attitude of 'love is more immutable than gold' and kneel for the whole day? I can tell you right now, I will not feel guilty, I did not beg you to kneel to me after all." Just as he finished speaking, Wanyan Xu, suppressing his anger and putting on a smile, said: "I [1] know, I can still walk, let us go now." So saying, he braced his body with a monumental effort and managed to stand up.

Zi Nan could tolerate it no more and shouted loudly at Wanyan Xia: "Second Prince, you can't seem to understand, His Majesty is... His Majesty is afraid that if he delays in showing you the way, you will refuse to treat Young Master, you... do you really think that he's concerned about his legs?" She tearfully rebuked Wanyan Xia; at once, he froze on the spot, stumped. Wanyan Xu was afraid that he would be shamed into reacting with anger and quickly gave Zi Nan a few admonishments before turning back to Wanyan Xia, saying with a smile: "Oh, worthy little brother... there's no need to pay any mind to this girl's... nonsensical words, I... will lecture her when we get back. It's is all my fault, I have indulged them too much." Hope had been written all over his face, and at this juncture, it even revealed a hint of entreaty. For Su Yi's sake, this powerful conqueror who had single-handedly forged a mighty nation had just about abandoned all ego.

Wanyan Xia scrutinised him for a moment before giving a soft sigh. He retrieved a small bottle of medicine from the front of his robes, after pouring some of the ointment it contained into his hands, he walked to Wanyan Xu and applied it to his knees. He said blandly: "A moment's delay would not affect the situation; we can have a rest before we go. Don't worry, I have another reason for going to save your Empress. I have now become very curious as to what type of person would be worthy of being treated with such whole-hearted devotion by you." As he said the last line, his usually dispassionate face unconsciously revealed a trace of loneliness.

Wanyan Xu's felt a pang in his heart, suddenly he felt that this little brother, who he had felt was insufferably arrogant, was actually quite pitiful. Upon reflection, he really had nothing to do with his parents' crime. Turning his head to look back at the lonely little wooden house, so removed from the rest of the palace, he thought:There's is no need to treat him like this in future. Twenty years of a solitary life must have been difficult to endure.