03

Laying on his drag mom's couch, Gerard stared at the garish pink patterns displayed above him. The ceiling was full of swirling dark patterns and spirals, some darker than others. Gerard liked to be emo and say that the darkest spirals represented his inner soul.

The two were set up a little like a therapist office: Gerard laying with his head on a pillow whilst he smoked his fourth cigarette of the day, his favourite drag queen sat next to him. The queen's heels dangled off the edge of her armchair, and Gerard watched as though they were a swinging pendulum.

Finishing his cigarette, Gerard disposed of it in the ash tray laying precariously on his chest. He took in a throaty breath, and turned his attention to her, "Got another one?" The transvestite shook her head in reply, deciding not to showcase her own rough voice (her voice was the only thing known to ruin her performance; blame Marboro).

The two had been sat there for over an hour, the elder listening to Gerard babble about the anonymous Yik Yak user - she just loved drama. She didn't even go to the college anymore, just kept Yik Yak on her phone as she loved the drama that came with using it.

As a full time queen, Lynz Ballato was the head of the New Jersey drag scene. After a rumor involving both RuPaul's Drag Race and Ballato, Gerard had immediately become her number one fan. He loved watching her perform, and cherished the moments she would let him up on stage with her. She had taught him everything he knew.

The two were good friends, and she had never ending patience when it came to Gerard. She remembered how long it took him to put on his first coat of lip stick and had stuck with him ever since. 

The slightly more feminine of the two rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up, Gee. I love you and all but you're being a better bitch than me right now, and I can't have anyone stealing my crown." As if to emphasize, she flicked her eyes over in the direction of the recently polished tiaras that had been given to her at various pageants.

"Fine. Fine, whatever," Gerard rolled his eyes, and muted his ranting as he clicked onto Instagram instead. Lynz should've expected the next shrill words - "Oh my God, have you seen Kellin Quinn's new haircut?!"

A.N//

1. thank you so much to everyone who reads, votes, and comments on this story, it is very much appreciated!

2. this story has been nominated in the PotatoYoghurt fanfic awards (i know, everyone has been posting chapters begging for votes recently, but keep reading) it would literally take up only five seconds of your time to vote, and here's the link: https://www.wattpad.com/242383425-the-potatoyoghurt-fanfiction-awards-tm-500-reads , and it's in the <500 category if you can't follow it ^^

3. i hope you're all having a super good day, my dms are always open :-)