Chapter 22: "You had one job!"

Lucy's POV

"A family meeting?"I questioned,"About what?"

"A secret we've been keeping from you," Mom replied. They're keeping something from us? I knew it!

"What secret?"I asked.

"Oh this is going to be great,"Uncle Cole smirked.

"We're in a gang,"Dad blurted. A what?!?

I started laughing,"Nice joke dad."

"He's not lying,"Kayden added. I looked at him, then back to my parents.

"What?" I gaped,"You guys are in a...How long have you been keeping this from us!?! What else are you hiding?" For some reason anger boiled inside me, and I glared at everyone.

"Calm down Luce,"Mom warned,"We've been in a gang for a while, and we're not hiding anything else."

"Except the fact that dad was with another woman,"Kayden spat, and my eyes widened.

"Is that really where you've been these past few days?!?"I raged,"Cheating on mom with some worthless....slut!"

"You watch your mouth,"Dad warned,"No, that's not where I've been. I was really in Russia, saving your Uncle from a Russian gang." I stood up, and paced back and forth trying to keep  my cool. I looked at Kayden, and squinted my eyes at him.

"How long have you known about this?"I wondered.

"For about an hour," he admitted.

"Why are you really hurt?"I glared.

"The question of the night,"Uncle Cole smirked, and leaned forward.

"I umm,"Kayden paused,"Okay so I'm in a gang and-" I cut him off.

"You too?"I huffed,"What are Katrina and Sierra in a gang too, with the kids in their pre-school!?"

"Let me finish,"Kayden frowned,"I got into a scuffle with mom and dad's gang. Oh and guess what....I got shot, and tortured!!! So if you don't think I'm mad to, then you got another thing coming sister!"

"I knew it was a matter of time,"Uncle Cole smirked,"Same thing happened with your brother Nat."

"I know,"Mom sighed. My anger grew stronger. I averted my attention to my parents.

"When were you planning on telling us?" I yelled angrily.

"When you two matured?"Mom sighed.

"Matured!?!"Kayden and I yelled.

"Yes matured,"Dad replied,"When you'd be able to handle the news without yelling."

"We only hid it from you to protect you from it,"Mom admitted.

"Yeah because that worked out great,"I sassed,"You could've killed Kayden!"

Mom and dad were silent. I can't believe it I.....I need some air. I quickly turned around, and walked out the door.

I walked over to the play set dad had bought a few years ago, and sat down in one of the swings.