Chapter 52- Empty

The beautiful smell of bacon and eggs basically levitated me down the stairs. Patricia stood in the kitchen, several plates of food laid out.

"Patricia, you're the best cook on the planet." I said happily as I snatched up two plates.

She laughed and flipped the bacon over "That very well may be true now." She joked.

I smiled and walked upstairs to our room. I set a plate down for Daryl and started to eat my food. I ate slowly, in hopes that Daryl would wake up and I'd still be here. Unfortunately I didn't have time to sit around and wait.

I quickly wrote him a note telling him where I was going and replaced the tattered remains of my tank-top. I slid my swords over my head and stuck Daryl's hunting knife back in my boot.

I kissed Daryl on the cheek and shut the door behind me. I walked towards the little camp and walked right into Tayler and Jason's tent. Tayler's face was buried in a pillow, so I took advantage and checked her blue medical bag.

Empty. No insulin what so ever was in the bag. I sighed and picked the bag up. I walked outside and searched around for Jason, to let him know of Taylers circumstance. He was leaning against a tree, sharpening his favorite knife with an old knife. Before he could say anything I opened the blue medical bag and shoved it in his face.

"Shit, she's out." He said angrily.

"I'm going out to look for some, you coming?" I asked quickly.

He shook his head and frowned "I'm suppose to be holding gun training today, everyone needs to know how to shoot." He sighed.

I raised a brow and turned on my heels "Have fun with that.." I yelled over my shoulder.

"Hey Rick! Do you want to help me with something?" I asked him quickly.

He shook his head "Sorry Mariah, I have too many things to do." He apologized.

I frowned walked away before he could say anything else. I asked almost every person on the farm, T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie, Ryan anyone you could name I asked.

I saddled a horse and walked over to the house. "Mariah, can I go?" A sweet voice asked from behind me. I froze and turned around, Beth stood holding a small hand gun, it almost looked like Rick's python but it definitely wasn't.

"I dunno Beth, your dad would get really upset." I said quickly, trying not to crush the young girls dreams.

"I already asked, he said yes. I also asked for the horse. Plus you need someone that knows the area." She said happily.

I smiled and shrugged, she took it as a yes and sprinted towards the stable. She quickly jumped on the horse I saddled and walked out.

"Hurry up and get your horse." She yelled at me. I rolled my eyes and walked back into the stable.

I quickly saddled another horse and climbed on. As soon as I got on, I almost fell off. This was not going to be a fun ride. We took off down the farm road, Beth leading and me following. We rode for maybe ten minutes then Beth slowed her horse down.

"Here it is." She said nervously. I smiled and jumped off my horse.

"No need to worry, I'm a professional." I joked.

"Now here's the plan. You do not shoot, unless you have to shoot okay? Do you have a knife?" I asked hopefully. Sure enough she pulled out a small italian knife, almost a replica of the one I gave Tayler.

"Good, now when you see a walker stab them in the head, no where else. Now follow me." I commanded.

She nodded and I crouched down. It was an old building, a little bit bigger than an average house.

A few walkers stumbled around near the entrance. I moved quickly, stabbing them both in the head with my swords. I pressed against the door and it clicked open. I walked into the dimly lit hallway, Beth close behind.

"Where should we go for insulin?" I whispered to Beth.

"I'll show you." She said confidently.

We continued down the dimly lit hallway towards a double door. I pushed it open quickly and it creaked open.

I peered inside and saw what looked to be a very weird looking refrigerator. The lightbulb wasn't on to keep the insulin cool but it would have to do.

I opened the door and quickly threw the bottles of insulin into the blue bag. I threw it over my shoulder and Beth backed up into me.

"What?" I hissed at her. She. Pointed to a glass window, which was very close to breaking.

Tons of walkers stood on the other side, only one or two knew of our presence.

"Well, shit." Was all I could say to the disturbing sight.