Are we?.. We are.

Chapter

I looked in the mirror. No, I didn't look older than yesterday. I looked at the calender that was hanging on my door. It was my birthday. A day that I didn't take seriously, but deep down I did. I mean, I think everyone wonders about who is going to congratulate you or give you a present. Since that is not really present in my life, I left the hope twenty years ago. I looked away from the mirror and grabbed my bag, getting down to go to school. No one was downstairs when I looked around to see anyone. Not a note, like Seda always gets at her birthday that her parents leave when they prepare breakfast for her. Secretly, just deep down, I would've loved that. I sighed while grabbing an apple, and making my way to school.

"Hey girl! Happy birthday!" I heard from behind me. I saw that it was Seda. She ran up to me and crashed into me, hugging me very tightly.

"Don't even try to push me away! You promised years ago that I was only allowed to hug you on your birthday, since you would never let me!" she said when I was about to push her away. She knew how much I hated to be hugged. The feeling of someone wanting to be close to you was confusing my mind. Why were they doing it anyways, since I knew they didn't love me. Though the only person that has ever hugged me is Seda. And that because she is hard to argue with.

"No, I didn't. You forced me to agree when you were hiding my donuts" I said, trying to argue. She just stuck out her tongue and pushed me inside.

"Hurry up, we're getting late for class. And I'm sorry, I didn't buy you a present. I knew you would get mad at me" she said while dragging me to class. I didn't say anything. Two years ago, when she gave me a fragrance for my 18th birthday, I got mad at her. I never liked presents, since they showed affection. I didn't want to lied to.

We were heading to the lunchroom after English class. I had a major headache, since I never liked that class. Seda was chatting, but to be honest, I didn't even listen. I was such a horrible friend. Before we could enter the lunchroom, someone grabbed my arm. I immediately turned around in a reflex, and met bright blue eyes.

"Do you have a second?" he asked me, looking from me to Seda. Seda looked at me first and raised an eyebrow, before looking at him.

"I expect details" she said and turned around to walk away. I felt my face becoming red. Only she would say something like that. Noah just chuckled and we walked away to somewhere quiet. When we were outside behind the school, I turned and faced him.

"What is it?" I asked him. He then grabbed something out of his bag and gave it to me. It was a little red package with a letter glued on it. The envelope of the letter was just like all the other letters.

"I found a letter in my locker yesterday, but it was meant for you. I'm sorry, I kind of read it. But it wasn't my fault! I thought it was for m-" he started rambling when I stopped him.

"Its okay" I said, taking it from him.

"But what's this package?" I asked him, inspecting it. What could the writer of the letters possibly send? He then stretched the back of his head, avoiding my eyes.

"Well.. uhm.. Happy birthday" he said, still not meeting my eyes. I was shocked. Was this a present? For me? For my birthday? From Noah?

"How?" I asked him. He then looked at me as if I was growing a second head.

"Its a present, Nila. You are meant to buy a present for someone who is having their birthday" he said, getting all of his confidence back.

"I know that, smartkid. But why are you giving me a present?" I asked, not really knowing why he, the Noah, would do that.

"Well, I don't know, I felt like it. And aren't we friends?" he said, running with his hands through his hair awkwardly. I smiled a bit, not knowing what the feelings inside of me are up to. It made me feel really good. He thought of me.

"Are we?" I asked him, to make sure. I wasn't the one for having friends- no one really liked a freak. The little hope of finding friends was coming up to surface, ready to show a big wave.

"I think we are" he said, smiling at me. He then gestured for me to open the present, which I did. I was faced with a necklace, a beautiful necklace. It was a little stone, like a diamond, in the color blue. I was shocked when I saw it. First of all, I was shocked because he would get me something like this. Secondly, how did he know blue? I looked at him in disbelief.

"I thought it would suit you very well. The color and the stone- I don't know. If you don't like i-"

"I like it" I said, looking at the necklace. I had never received a necklace, nor did I buy myself one. I never really wore accessories, but this one was so beautiful. The blue of it drew you to another world even though there were different shades of it. I gave it to him, so he could help me putting it on. I felt my skin burn when the necklace was around my neck.

"Perfect" said Noah. I smiled up at him.

"Enchanting" I said, looking at the necklace.

~~~~~~~~
Random Fact: My favourite necklace is my blue diamond one:)

Hey guys! Please let me know what you think of it, since I get very few comments which I can't see if people like it or not!