15; Darts, alcohol, and tears

Zayn

'Hey, Zayn. Come on and join me at the party. It'll be great.' That is the last fucking time I believe Niall. The last time. I wasn't even going to come, but the kid was literally on his knees begging. Plus, I had nothing better to do. To be honest, I was just going to go to see Brittany. She may be off limits, but that only makes her more hot. So, now I ask myself, how did I end up with Violet?

"You actually suck," I tell her just as the dart she threw lands in the wall above the board.

She looks back at me and stomps her feet like a child. "I know! Help meee!"

I laugh and retrieve her dart from the wall before walking over and standing beside her. "This is how you do it," I instruct. I stand with my right foot forward and line up my dart and the board with my hand before squinting and throwing it. It lands a few centimetres from the bullseye.

She bites her lip and adjusts her feet to how I did. I watch as she lines up her dart with her hand and even squints like I did. I hold back a smile. She throws the dart and it hits the wall just below the board. She frowns.

"Up a bit more," I say.

"This is stupid," she snaps. "I told you I can't do it, and I can't. I'm just useless."

"Hey, come on. One more try. Tilt the dart up a bit more." I action with my own dart.

She sighs before getting back in the position. She lines up the dart and then throws it. It successfully hits the bullseye.

Our eyes both go wide.

"Oh!" She screams as she jumps into the air. "Oh, my god! I did it! Wait, is that good? Hitting that circle? Oh, who cares. I still hit the board! Zayn, I did it!" She throws her hands in the air.

I just stare at the board, and at the perfect hit her dart just made. "Beginner's luck," I mumble.

She steps towards me and points a finger, smirking a little. "Are you jealous?"

I snort. "Jealous? No way. That was just one hit."

She folds her arms across her chest and tilts up her nose. "Well, alright. Let's play a game." She then falls short. "Er, can you play games of darts?"

"Around the World," I state. "You have to hit each number around the board and hit the bullseye to finish. You down?"

She nods. "Should be easy. I've already hit the bullseye once," she smirks again.

"Yeah, yeah. You won't be gloating when you realise you actually suck compared to me," I say.

She squints her eyes at me. "Game on, Malik." She then walks sassily back to the board to retrieve her darts.