The Raven Girl- End Chapter!!!

Ebony POV

The blackness engulfed Morgan and Erik, and I watched that blackness for period of time, I don’t even remember. Morgan had dragged Erik into the mortal world, maybe to trap him, maybe to stall him. I didn’t know whether Erik possessed the knowledge to get back to our world or not.

The dragon army without their King, staggered about in a state of confusion. Dante was free and within a few seconds was by my side. I felt his arm slip around my waist and pull me away from the portal, “Ebony, come on.” He said.

“Morgan.” I murmured dryly.

“Hopefully we can get her back.” He replied.

“I should have used my powers.” I said numbly.

“I don’t think the Gods gave you those powers to harm people with.” Dante smiled.

“You knew?” I whispered.

“I had a strange dream about a dragon.” He replied.

Lifting me off my feet before I could ask another question, we shot out of the dragon fortress into the winter night, escaping the dragon army. I wrapped my arms around Dante and closed my eyes. Edvard was dead. Erik the dragon King was out of the picture, and I was now with Dante…

But without Morgan, I didn’t feel like this was the happy ever after I deserved.

Erik POV

The pain was incomparable with anything else I had ever felt before. My whole body ached. Was this what it felt like to be mortal. I shuddered. I couldn’t believe that evil little bitch fox had tricked me! The next portal home must be at least a couple hundred miles north of here. I hated the mortal world- its why I never came. Groaning I sat up. That little fox will pay for her crimes! She will wish she had never been born when I exact my revenge! Long torture sessions, hours of endless pain, there will be no….

I stopped, my eyes fell over the small and fragile body of the fox laying a foot away from me. For some reason something inside me tightened and I couldn’t tear my gaze away from her. Red hair spilled around her, reminding me of the glorious colour of the dawn, her skin was perfect,  cream, and her lips-

Her eyelashes fluttered and that tightness in my chest grew again.

What the hell was wrong with me?

Pushing those feelings, I placed my hand on the hilt of my sword, ready to draw and strike. I would extinguish the flame of the mightier fox, thus proving the dragon fire is the fiercest fire. Big bright eyes captured me. The fox gave me a strange look and the eyes rolled back inside her head. My hand dropped away from the sword. What was wrong with me? Why was my heart beating so fast. Her lips mesmerized me and I found myself leaning towards her. What was I doing? Closing my eyes I bent down and lightly touched her lips with mine.

Was I insane?

Was I bewitched?

I didn’t know what was wrong with me, but I knew I couldn’t kill her. Not now, not ever.

Two Weeks Later: Ebony POV

I sat up in the tower most nights watching over the grounds. Tonight was no exception. The blizzard outside the tower picked up and battered the windows. They rattled on their hinges filling the room with noise. I rubbed my eyes. I was so tired. I felt Henry’s warm hand resting against my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked up into his eyes.