Chapter 4

Percy POV
Once Dumbledore had finished off his boring old speech, everyone started talking.

There was a scrawny boy in front of me with black messy hair and glasses. He was sitting next to a thin red head and a bushy, brown-haired girl.

Sitting next to me was a chubby boy with brown flat hair.

They introduced themselves as Neville Longbottom, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. I waited for them to introduce the black haired boy.

I could see that they weren't going to say anything so I asked, 'And you are?'

I could see that they were a bit surprised but the boy still replied.

'I am Harry Potter,' he said.

Oh! So this was the boy I need to protect.

My knowledge of the Wizarding world was detailed, but I wasn't very good at matching names to faces.

I still kept a straight face and made sure that the Wizards didn't see any recognition from me. I had become really good at my poker face after my years of lying in tough situations.

The Wizards were shocked, to say the least.

'Nice to meet you all. I'm Percy Jackson, as you all probably know by now,' I said.

'How did you do that cool water trick and the ground shaking? That was so incredibly unbelievable!' the boy named Neville said.

'It must have been a form of wandless, nonverbal magic. Very advanced wizardry that isn't normally taught in school. I don't believe that I've ever heard of Hecate's Academy. It must be a very advanced school,' Hermione said.

'Yes it is. Hecate's Academy is for the best of the best. It is a private school so it isn't publicly advertised or written about and the location remains unknown to make the school very exclusive and more importantly, safe.' I lied.

Lying had become like a sixth sense to me.

'I guess that makes sense. It must be an amazing school. I don't even know how you managed to cause an Earthquake. I wasn't aware that wandless magic, or any magic for that matter, could be that powerful,' Hermione said.

Neither did I.

Then the food appeared.

I couldn't eat any food. Not without sacrificing to the gods first. So I made a small fire appear at the end of the Gryffindor table, walked up to it and scraped off a small section of my food, and muttered a prayer to my father and to Lady Hecate to get me through this.

I was getting a lot of stares from the hall so I quickly made the fire disappear and sat back down on my table.

Ron was looking at me as if I had killed his puppy.

'Why would you do that?! Mate, are you insane?!' he demanded.

'Ron! You can't just say that to people!' Hermione said.

'Well what sane person would waste food?' He fired back.

Finally I decided to end their little argument. 'It's part of my religion,' I explained to which they both shut up.

I noticed that a lot of girls around the hall were looking at me and laughing.

'Is there something in my teeth or something?' I asked Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville.