The Mission

-A few days earlier-
Ed's POV
I sighed and grumbled as I walked into Mustang's office. His team sat at their desks working. "Afternoon Fullmetal." He stated. I looked at him.

"Why'd you call me here?" I asked in reply. He chuckled.

"A new mission. The Fuhrer asked me to give you this case himself." He replied. I nodded.

"Pools of red water has appeared again." Mustang explained, making me raise my eye brow in question.

"Eh...? I thought Al and I had already handled that problem." I replied, sighing a bit. He shrugged.

"The Fuhrer wanted you to check it out. By yourself for some reason." He explained.

'Can't I ever catch a break.....?' I thought. He stood up and grabbed my hand gently, before pulling me out the room.

"Edward...." He muttered.

"Hm? What's wrong?" I replied softly, looking at Mustang in confusion.

"Please, be careful alright?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah." I replied. "I'll be fine." I stated, reassuringly. He nodded.

"Good luck."

-Time Skip-

I sighed as I stepped off the train. A soft breeze blew my hair. I smiled a little in appreciation for that small breeze of wind. I decided to rent a hotel room, and collect information about the red water.

"I wish I brought Al...." I muttered. I had started to ask people about the water. On billboards, signs speaking about joining a protest group, or signing a petition was put up.

"Hey, your the Fullmetal Alchemist right?" Someone asked me. I turned around and stood face to face with a guy. He had brown hair, and bright hazel eyes.

"Yeah, that's me." I replied. He smiled brightly.

"That's great! You must be here because of the red water right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well, I can show you around, and help you any way I can if you want!" He suggested.

"Uh, sure....?" I replied.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Derek." He greeted.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Derek." I replied.

"Let me show you around."