Chapter 46

"Someday, you'll die with the keys imprinted on your cheek."

"Shut up."

"Just, stating what's true." Red shrugged, watching him from Ben's bed.

He kept on typing on his keyboard, eyes focused on the screen. He memorized which key is which, so he didn't need to look down.

In the last two weeks, he had learned that the population in the facility increases because of the capturing of people with super powers. Creepypastas were rarely caught for now since everyone was warned, thus the count of them being imprisoned stayed the same.

He'd received reports on how trainees were progressing, some turning out to be hunters, others for simply the fun of being powerful. Their abilities were 'awesome', as Ben would put it, but he was still curious as to why they haven't found out about their whereabouts.

"Hey," Ben said, waving his hand, gesturing him over, "look at this."

Red stood from the messy sheets, shifting towards the desk. He looked up at the monitor that Ben pointed to, reading the file.

"Three children gone missing after the elder sister ran away...?" Red said. "Huh, totally suspicious."

"I know, and guess what?"

"What?"

There was a glint in Ben's black and red eyes, a glint of excitement. "The oldest sister, the first one who went missing, is in Phoenix. Found out she was a fire elemental, like from Avatar. And her siblings are the same, but different elements." Ben said, tapping his chin. "She lived somewhere... near... A few blocks away from this forest..."

"So?" Red cocked an eyebrow up.

"We can... Do spy shit..."

"Ben, are you suggesting this now just to experience being a spy? Or are you actually serious?"

"Both, actually." Ben said. "Think of the spy gear we could ask from Daniel, plus, it'll help us find out more. Kira wreaked havoc on their last base, so they must have had a backup base if it ever happens, but I don't know where."

"Good idea, but it's suicide. If they were able to capture our own, then they would know how to take us down. Plus, we'd have to ask Slendy."

"Which is why you are going to help me!" Ben stood up, grabbing Red by his collar. The boy yelped, his hat falling off as he was pulled by the blonde. "Come on! We gotta catch him before he returns to the Nether!"

* * *

"Can you pass me the bandages?" Jack asked, covering the fresh gash on his arm. "And shouldn't you be in bed? Slenderman said specifically that you should rest."

"I should be asking you about your arm. That's really deep." Kira eyed it, noticing the jagged skin. She reached over to the table and took the a few things from the open medical kit. It was left there in case others wanted to use knives and such.

"Jeff 'accidentally' took it too far." Jack explained. Realizing that Kira wouldn't let him tend to his wound by himself, he lifted his sleeve up for her. "Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"It was kind of lonely."

You just don't enjoy my presence.

Shush.

Aww, are you eager to see your boo?

Boo?

Jack hissed, interrupting the siblings' telepathic conversation. Kira stuttered out an apology and started to wrap the gauze bandages around his forearm. 

"Sorry to interrupt your lovey dovey moment, Kira, but I need Jack." Ben said, stopping in front of them.

"For what?" Kira and Jack asked at the same time, each interested.

"I found out that Phoenix would be sending in a small squad to catch another Mutant."

"Mutant?" Kira raised an eyebrow.

"New nickname for your kind. Anyway, I was planning to do some scouting or some shit like that, and Slendy said to bring you along."

Before Jack could react, Kira piped up and said, "Can I go too?"

Jack seemed to stare at her for a moment before shaking his head. "No."

"What?"

"Kira, Slender told you to rest, and you're still unstable. You might pass out again."

"I can handle myself, Jack." She insisted, crossing her arms on her chest.

"And what if you can't?"

"To hell if I can't!" Kira suddenly exclaimed, making all the others in the room flinch, except for Jack. 

Jesus, woman, calm the fuck down.

"Jack, are you doubting me?"

Oh my god, is this gonna turn into one of those drama shows?!

"No! I'll never doubt you." Jack told her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "I'm just worried for your health."

"You are? But it feels like you worry for my physical health, not mental." Kira put her own hands on his and gently brushed them off. "I'm going along, and that's not final."

She walked away, leaving the room in silence. Jeff walked up to Jack, who stared at her in shock as she went up the stairs.

"I wonder how she's gonna react when she sees a girl flirting with you." Jeff says.

"That is the quickest argument, but it felt like the longest gun war." Jack was still tense.

Ben whistled. "Well... Uh... Wanna come too, Jeff?"

"Definitely. I want to see her do better than Jack."

Jack disregarded the comment, saying, "I now need to apologize to her, and a sorry won't do by itself."

"Cheer up, Jack, it isn't the end of the world." Ben patted his back, a cheerful smile on his lips.

* * *

What was that?

Nothing.

That was definitely something, Lana. You just slayed your boo.

Have I told you how annoying you are?

Sis, please, I know I'm annoying. I try to be. Now, what's up with the attitude today? Don't tell me it's because of yesterday.

Kira sighed, sitting down on her bed.

I'm... On my period.

She heard him burst into laughter, making her smile lightly.

[I got a boo too, and he's Andy Biersack.

I mean look at him! Anyway, have a nice day

Ehehehehe...

By the way, I'm gonna put some major time skips so don't be surprised to know that it's the end of time.]