Chapter 12

~A~

Owen could only smirk at his bed in amused silence.

She'd fallen asleep, he'd taken too long to return with her bags but he could see she'd found a shirt to sleep in.

He'd probably never wash it again.

It would always be hers to borrow when she slept over.

His body reacted to the thought and he busied himself mentally playing a violin concerto in his head, trying ... slightly... unsuccessfully to tamp down his body's response to his girlfriend sleeping in his bed.

In his shirt.

Hair tousled and spread all over on his pillows.

She was sleeping on his favored side of the bed but he found he didn't mind at all. He reluctantly pulled away from watching her sleep.

Feeling slightly like a creeper.

To go into his closet and set her bag down on a chair before hanging the garment bag in an open spot in the rack. He grabbed a pair of pajama bottoms and a well-worn t-shirt to sleep in and went to change, getting ready for bed before he made a sweep of the house, making sure that all the windows and doors were secured and the alarms set before he headed back up to his room, turning the lights off and making his way to the bed.

He slid his glasses off, cleaning them slightly before setting them down on the night stand. He made sure the alarm was off.

He was sure that he wouldn't really sleep tonight, distraction filling him at the thought of sharing his bed. But if she was sleeping soundly with no dreams he definitely did not want her to wake up needlessly. He pulled the covers back, working quickly to shift her under the covers before he slipped into bed next to her, on his side to look at her again as she slept.

His heart thundered in his chest and he came to the realization that he was more than sure he'd do everything he could to protect her. To ensure she was happy and always knew she was loved. He regretted the way that he'd been rather cold and unfeeling towards her at the beginning. He'd not really noticed the shift in his feelings towards her until she risked everything to save him and the boys from the clutches of Muriel.

The way her hands had slid down his bare torso in her attempt to figure out how to free him... He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly. He'd felt far too much that day and it had been a jolt to his system. Even if he did have to mask it and hide it from his brothers at that point.

But Sean knew.

His oldest and dearest friend in the world had seen right through the bluster and the constant need to hold himself most formally in an effort to keep his feelings for his darling at bay and hidden.

He'd been quite vocal about pushing Owen to realize and face his feelings.

He supposed he'd have to thank him at some point.

Owen sighed softly and shifted, settling a bit farther in the bed, stilling as Sang stretched slightly before shifting and rolling over onto her other side, cutting off his view of her beautiful face and presenting instead to him a view of her rear end, his shirt riding up and exposing the lacy panties she was still wearing.

He groaned softly, tucking his hands under his head for a moment as he closed his eyes, falling into Kota's habit and hurriedly counting.

He reached 50 and opened his eyes only to find that his desire for her had not lessened one bit.

He reached 100 and resigned himself to his fate before reminding himself that he was no longer her teacher. That if he had his way about it, he'd never teach her formally anything at all ever again.

He reached out and pulled her into his arms, pulling the covers up around them as he snuggled in, curling up behind her, his body position mirroring hers as he spooned up behind her, one hand tucking behind her head as part of her pillow and his other hand wrapping around her waist and pulling her back slightly into him as he nuzzled his nose into the crook of her shoulder, her hair tickling his nose as he breathed in her scent.

"good night darling." He whispered, pressing a kiss to the curve where her collar bone met her neck and closing his eyes, letting his senses fill with every essence of her before he took a few deep breaths, clearing his mind and letting himself doze off.