The Money

I sighed. It had been about a half hour since Aaron had dropped me home. I had said bye to Chance who didn't detect my dampened mood, smiling as he gave me his number. It was the second one I could add to my phone and I don't know if the thought made me smile or feel sorry for myself.

I hadn't even so much as offer a proper bye to Aaron and I didn't know if he noticed or not as I had exited the car.

I have been currently looking for some clothes to wear for school tomorrow. To say I was scared was an understatement.

I was terrified.

I didn't know what everyone would think of me and Aaron. His dedicated 'lovers', Britney, his friends. What would they say?

The thought of his friends scared me the most. I mean, I knew I shouldn't be fretting on their opinion because our relationship was indeed fake, but I felt the need to impress them as I generally did with people I have encountered.

"Alexis" I heard my mum calling from downstairs. I stared at the clothes and sighed, defeated. The clothes I picked would have to do. It was dark black jeans with a tight nude top where the sleeves went over the wrist slightly, resting on the palm.

I ran down the stairs to see my mum holding an envelope, a smile on her face.

"What?" I questioned.

Why was she so happy?

"I've got it. I've got more money." My mum exclaimed, almost giddily.

I pursed my lips in frustration. I've told my mum that she doesn't have to get the money, but she wouldn't listen.

"Mum" I stated firmly.
"I've told you, I don't need-"

"Yeah yeah yeah" My mum interrupted, flapping the envelope at me irritably.
"You don't need the money. I've heard you say this countless times. Why can't you just listen to me and take the money?" My mum finished, red in the face; her eyes frantic.

I know my mum was giving it to me because she cared for me, but I didn't want it. Not anymore.

She didn't know what I knew properly and I couldn't share it with her, so I left it. She wouldn't have the heart to hear it.

I walked over to my mum, giving her an empathetic look and hugged her tightly. She immediately hugged back, talking into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, mom, but no" I said simply and with that I walked upstairs, not being able to stand the sad look on her face. If I stayed, I may have caved and I couldn't do that.

One day, my mum would understand. They all would and I waited patiently for when they would be happy.

_________________________

Sorry about this one being short! It was just a filler and I needed to give you guys a little bit of an idea of Alexis's secret. What do you guys think it is?

And thanks to all the people commenting!!! :D it means sooooo much!! You have no idea!

Feel free to comment your opinion and tell me what you would like to see!

This is probably one of the few short fillers in this story, but don't worry, it will get better :)!

I'd also like to thanks everyone who read my story and moved me to 1K reads!!! You go, guys! You rock!

Thanks, lovelies xxx

S. A. A