Chapter 37- Rules

Chapter 37- Rules

I walk out the room, shutting the door behind me. My breath is still hitching and my cheeks are soaked with tears. I want to talk to Ruby, that's where I'm going. She better not be making out with Sebastian or someone is going to get stabbed tonight.

I turn around to look at my closed room door. He isn't even coming to apologize. He hasn't even come to see if I'm waiting for him to come running out so he can kiss me and say it was all a lie and he does like me.

Rule #1: If he doesn't chase after you when you walk away, keep walking.

That's one of the rules my mom drilled into my head. I never understood it until now.

I see Ryan sitting outside his room, leaning his head back against the wall. His brown hair is messy and he looks bored.

When he sees me he smiles lightly, "Hey." he says.

"Hi." I slide down the wall, next to him.

"What are you doing awake? It's almost midnight." I asks, frowning.

"London was being a hoe so I decided to wait here until she falls asleep." Ryan explains and adds, "What are you doing awake?"

I shake my head and look up at the roof, trying not to cry again, "I don't know." I lie.

Ryan laughs and rolls his eyes, "I'm the king of lying, honey, I know you're lying. What is it? Was it Dylan?" when I hear Dylan's name I let out a sob but quickly hide it with a cough. I don't reply.

"What did he do?" he whispers after a long silence.

"Well, we kissed earlier and then just now I asked him if he likes me and he said no then he said the kissed meant nothing," I confess to Ryan, "It was my first kiss and it meant nothing. The sad thing is that it meant so much to me."

Ryan laughs, "Sweetie, I know Dylan, he is my best friend and let me tell you now; he definitely likes you. He may not admit it, but he does. Dylan doesn't believe in love and all that bullshit, he never has and knowing that he likes you, it probably scares him. Just make him jealous, play hard to get, make him realize how much he likes you, do what all those silly, crazy romance books do to make guys jealous." he says.

"Will you help me, will you pretend to be my boyfriend or something?" I ask.

"Nah, I'm Dylan's friend, there is no way I'm going to pretend to date you. I'm not getting in on this. You can find some random guy to do that with but," Ryan wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a side hug, "I'm not doing it because you're like a sister to me." he explains.

I smile up at him, "Thanks Ryan." I say and hug him back.

"Just make him Nick Jonas." he says.

"What?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"You know, because Nick Jonas sings that song called jealous and so I was saying make him Nick Jonas as in make him jealous, I was-" I cut of Ryan's explanation with a laugh, "Yeah, I knew what you meant." I say, still laughing.

A while later Ryan goes back into his room and I get up and walk back to my room.

I walk back into the room and Dylan is facing away from me, he is shirtless and rubbing a towel against his wet hair causing his muscles on his back to flex.

I slam the door shut and that causes Dylan to turn around. Oh my god, his body. His body that never gets old to look at. He should honestly sign up to become a supermodel or something cause damn.

I realize I'm staring and look away, I don't want to look at him. His cheek is still red from where I slapped him.

"Maya." he whispers, almost like an apology.

Ha, he can't even apologize to me. Typical. I look up at him, sadly. This is the sweet, funny, annoying, entertaining jerk I fell for. 

The one that has two little sisters that he cares about.

The one that makes the best cookies ever.

The one that tried dissing a guy with a gun to try and protect me.

The one that took care of me when I got high on pot brownies.

The one that stole my first kiss.

The one I'm still head-over-heels for even after everything he has done to me and will probably still do to me.

Dylan.

---

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Even Santa thinks you're a hoe. Btw the picture above is of Ryan ;)

Qotd: "I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed you turned into everything you said you'd never be."
- Author unknown

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG