Epilogue: The Anniversary

The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time.

-Julia Child

ONE YEAR LATER...

Coco Spencer's POV

"Good morning, wife." I heard the familiar voice of my husband, still sleepy I tried to open my eyes. I noticed him beside the bed with a big smile on his face while holding a tray of food in his hands. "Happy wedding anniversary, mia amore."

I tried to sit up on the bed, rubbing my heavy eyes. "Happy anniversary, honey," I muttered, pulling the bedsheets up to my mouth. Gosh, I don't want him to smell my morning breath. I was still skittish about it till now. "Breakfast in bed?"

"," He replied with a smile. He sat next to me and placed my tray in front of me. My mouth instantly watered at the smell of this delicious food. "I want to prepare for your breakfast for this very special day of our married life. It's been a year since we officially became husband and wife. A year full of happiness and love."

"Yes," I agreed to him. I chose to drink the freshly squeezed orange than my favored coffee. I have a special gift for him today. I hope he would be happy about my news. "It's been one heck of a year, I might say."

He gazed at me adoringly. My heart missed a bit every time he stared at me like that. "You are correct, my love. After the wedding, we went back to London to fulfill the last will of your grandfather. We lived at the Spencer manor with your relatives who didn't hesitate to show their disdain to us."

"As if I care," I commented, taking a bite of the slice of bread on my plate. "But I was surprised when Zoe and her dog broke up. I thought they're really meant to be. You know, both are greedy and cheaters."

"It seems that they are not so pleased to see us blissfully happy with our life together," Rafe remarked with a smirk on his handsome face. "They haven't yet found the person they would treasure for the rest of their lives." He looked at me meaningfully. "Unlike me, I already found my gift from God."

Speaking of gifts, I have one for him. Since last month we became very busy moving to the newly built home Rafe promised to me last year. Now it was fully done and I'm so happy to break the news to him on our wedding anniversary. "I have a gift for you, Rafe."

He wiggled his eyebrows in a naughty way. "Is this what I think it is?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his dirty mind. I shook my head regretfully. "Maybe tonight when the party you organized is over." I pulled out the drawer of the side table at my side. "Here, my special gift for you. I hope you like it."

I placed the small rectangular thing in his hand. He just stared at it for a full minute. I was dead sure he was speechless staring at it intently. When he was finally recovered from his shock he stared at me with swirling emotions in his eyes. "I-Is this..." He cleared his throat. "...what I think it is, wife?"

"Yes, honey." I smiled shyly in his direction. I took his trembling hands and placed them on my still flat belly. "You're going to be a daddy soon."

The astonishment was still obvious in his eyes. Poor man, I mused silently. I must shock him today. After our wedding last year we agreed not to have a baby yet. Since we met and married for a short time we didn't have time to enjoy what normal couples do when they were dating. We wanted to experience that first before adding another member to our life because if we have a baby he or she would be our number one priory and that time finally comes.

"I—I..." He breathed deeply, shaking his head. I nearly laughed, was he nervous? "Are you okay now? I mean, you are pregnant. You should be in bed...Dio, the party. I will cancel it you need to rest."