Umbitch

I walked down to the Great Hall on a sunny morning and sat down next to the twins. "Morning guys." I said cheerily.
"Morning." They replied together. I put some cereal in my bowl and began to eat as I rummaged through my bag for my timetable and checked what I had, I groaned at what my first lesson was. "Defense against the dark arts?" Fred asked, I nodded and banged my head on the table. It will be our first lesson with her and I've already heard bad things about her.

I slowly walked to the classroom and sat in my seat from last year. I took out my quill, ink and lastly put my wand on the desk. "Good morning class." Said the voice of Satan. "Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, or N.E.W.TS for short." She said as she made chalk write it on the board. "Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the results maybe severe." She smiled at us.
"What's she going to do, murder us?" I muttered under my breath. Fred heard because he laughed and covered it with a cough, she gave us a look and I just rolled my eyes. She waved her wand and books floated towards us, slamming themselves down on our desks. The book looked like it was made for five year olds. "From now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of Defense Magic." She said, George raised his hand as we all flicked through the book. "Yes?" Umbridge asked him.
"There's nothing in here about defensive spells. How are we supposed to use them if we get attacked?" George asked and she looked shocked but still had the fake smile plastered on her face. "You won't need spells in my class. It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge would be more sufficient to get you through your examinations. Besides, who would want to attack children like yourselves?" Is she serious???
"Oh I don't know, perhaps, umm Voldemort." I called out as if it was as plain as the parchment in front of me. People began to whisper that I actually said his name and to Umbridge who looked slightly angry. "You will speak when spoken to Miss Black." She hissed. "Let me make this perfectly clear. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again, this is a lie." She said quietly.
"It's not a lie Harry fought him!" I said angrily.
"Detention Miss Black!"
"Oh so to you, Cedric just dropped dead for no reason!" I yelled.
"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." She said firmly.
"Tragic accident my arse! He was murdered by Voldemort and you know it! You're just trying to cover for the Ministry who refuse to believe Voldemorts back!" I yelled angrily at her standing up from my seat.
"ENOUGH!" She shrieked, it all went silent as we had a stare down. "See me later Miss Black, my office." She smiled sweetly again and added her irritating laugh. I grabbed my bag and swiped my stuff into it. I took her book and threw it off the table and stormed out. I'm sorry but no one, and I mean NO ONE, says Ced's death was an "accident."

I went to my other classes but my bad mood carried out through them as well, I ignored everyone and kept my head down. Later when I was sitting in the common room Fred came down and sat with me. "You feeling calmer love?" He asked putting his arm round my shoulder.
"I don't know, it just irritates me that people are so oblivious that You-Know-Who is back." He nodded. "I have to go to Umbridge's bloody detention, I'll see you later." I said, I got up and kissed him then grabbed my stuff and trudged out of the portrait hole to spent the next hour of my life with the Devil.

Upon arrival to Umbridge's office I walked in and on almost every corner of the room there was cats on plates meowing or purring. "Come in and sit at the desk next to Mr Potter." I looked to Harry who was already sat down and walked to sit in the desk next to him. The desk was covered in pink lace and I looked to Harry with a disgusted face. "You're going to do some lines for me today, Mr Potter and Miss Black." She said setting her tea down, we both reached for our quills but she stopped us. "No not with your quills, you will be using special ones of mine." She got up and handed us two dark brown quills. I cautiously took it, wait?
"We don't have any ink." I said.
"You won't need ink." She said, I was confused but Harry spoke next.
"What do you want us to write?" She smirked at Harry.
"You, Mr Potter, will be writing ' I must not tell lies.' And you, Miss Black, will write ' I will speak when spoken to'" Umbridge giggles.
"How many times?" I asked through gritted teeth.
"Lets say, as long as it takes for the message to sink in." She said and turned away from us. I looked to Harry but he looked back to me with a look that said "just do it" so I began to scribble the sentence down on the parchment in front on me.
I will speak when spoken to.
The back of my left hand began to tingle as I continued to write and I think Harry had the same feeling.
I will speak when spoken to.
The tingle now became a sharp pain and I looked at the back of my hand to see it reddened then saw my delicate handwriting carving itself into me.
I will speak when spoken to.
The words were etched onto my hand and I was squinting in pain. Umbridge walked back round to face us and had a look of fake concern on her face. "Yes?" She asked us, I just glared at her.
"Nothing." Harry said and her smile returned.
"That's right, because you know, deep down, that you deserve to be punished." She made us continue writing lines until 8 and I hurried out of her office with Harry when we were released, I stopped him before we entered the common room. "Harry, don't tell Fred about my hand, he'll go nuts." I said and he nodded.
"I wasn't going to tell anyone myself." He asked and we walked into the common room like nothing happened.