Saving Theon (Theon Greyjoy x reader)

Reek sat and stared at your chamber door, wondering whether he should risk Ramsey's wrath once more and open it. The small part of him that was still Theon Greyjoy wanted to see you again. The longer you were in Winterfell, the more Reek was willing to defy Ramsey and the more Theon began to reemerge. He spent time with you every day and, by some miracle, he hadn't been caught yet. The nagging voice of Theon Greyjoy told Reek to go against his master yet again and just open the door. Reek opened the door as quietly as he could.

You were sitting by the window, looking out over what was once your father's land. Reek approached you cautiously. Your head turned to look at him and he stopped, suddenly afraid. "Theon..." your soft voice trailed off as you looked at the man that was once your friend. The man that you had once loved. "Reek," his response was automatic. "Reek? What has that man done to you?" you asked, shaking your head sadly. You rose from your seat and walked over to him. "My master is kind to me."

You laughed then, but it was hollow. "Kind? Ramsey Bolton doesn't know the meaning if the word 'kind'. Theon, my father was kind to you. Ramsey is cruel." Reek stayed silent and refused to meet your gaze. You cupped his cheek and turned his head, forcing his eyes to meet yours. When he did, he felt Reek slowly disappear and Theon return. He felt relieved, if only for a moment. His favorite memory of the two of you flashed in his mind.

"Come on, Greyjoy! A man that can't catch a woman is no man at all!" you taunted him as your horses raced hard. In truth, Theon was letting you win. He loved how your face lit up when you were riding. How your (h/c) locks whipped around your face in the wind. How flushed your face would get from the cold air hitting your cheeks. Theon urged his horse into a faster gallop so it wouldn't appear as if he was losing on purpose.

When he finally caught up to you, he pulled his horse right up next to yours and leaned over to kiss your cheek. "Well done, My Lady. You've bested me again." You giggled and blushed. "Theon, I know you let me win. You horse is much faster than mine." Theon felt his own face heat up with embarrassment as you pressed a kiss to the corner of his lips. "Thank you."

Coming to his senses, Reek backed away from your touch ignoring the hurt look that crossed your features. "You are to marry my master, Lady Y/N." Your frown deepened. "And if I refuse?" Reek tried to fight the smirk that played on his lips. He remembered that he loved your fire. "You cannot. He will..." he cut off, shuddering at the thought of what Ramsey would do to you if you tried to escape. "Theon, I don't care who he thinks he is. Ramsey Bolton is not Lord of Winterfell and he is not your master. You are Theon Greyjoy of the Iron Islands, ward of Eddard Stark of Winterfell and the man I love! The man I was promised to long ago!"

Reek lunged forward and placed his hand over your mouth. "Shh! Ramsey will hear," he whispered, looking over his shoulder at the door. He felt you smile against his hand. "There's the Theon I know," you whispered, a mischievous glint dancing in your (e/c) eyes. Reek felt himself smile back at you before dropping his hand once more. "My master will be looking for me," he said as he turned to leave. "Theon?" He looked back at you. "Reek!" he whispered. "Will you come back tomorrow?" you asked him nervously. Tomorrow was the day you were to be married to Ramsey. Reek didn't answer and simply left the room.

Reek made his way back down to the kennels where Ramsey forced him to sleep. He got down and curled up to sleep. That night, he dreamed and for the first time since his ordeal with Ramsey began, his dreams were not nightmares. They were dreams of a past life. Of his younger years in Winterfell with the Stark family. He dreamed of you and of everything he loved about you.

When he woke, he felt even more like Theon and he was determined to get you out of there. Even if he could no longer be your lover, he knew that Ramsey should definitely not be. He didn't deserve you. He quietly made his way back to your chambers and opened the door. You were still in bed and snoring lightly. Reek shook you lightly. You opened your eyes and gasped. "Theon? What are you doing here?"

For once, he didn't argue about the name. "You cannot stay here. You cannot marry him," he told you. You gave him a small smile. "You have to leave, Lady Y/N." You got up and dressed quickly. "Come with me, Theon. You don't have to stay. You can leave with me," you told him hopefully. You heard footsteps coming toward your chambers and quickly grabbed the nearest thing to you. A candlestick. You got behind the door as Ramsey waltzed in.

"Reek? Why are you in Lady Y/N's chambers and not in the kennel where you belong?" Ramsey asked with a sneer. Reek didn't answer but looked down at the ground. You quickly snuck up behind Ramsey and hit him over the head with candlestick. Reek looked up at you, somewhat shocked but mostly impressed. That was one of the things he remembered loving about you. Your fighting spirit. "Come on, Theon. We have to get out of here," you told him. "Y/N?"

You looked at him with the brightest smile he'd ever seen. "Yes, Theon?" He stood up straight for the first time in what felt like years. "Thank you." You grabbed his hand and pulled him along. "We will talk when we get out of here," you said. Reek limped behind you as you pulled him along, the smile never leaving his face.

���.�?Y