A Barrel Ride (Part 1)

A mere few moments after Legolas left, Thorin was dragged back to his cell. He and Balin were talking but I didn't hear what they were saying until Thorin yelled a dreadful oath in dwarvish.
"Thorin Durin Oakenshield!" I called down to him "That is no way to talk to Balin." Thorin snorted with laughter.
"No Eleana, it was Thranduial that I directed that at, not Balin," he chuckled, though I could tell his humour was a little forced.
~{<>}~
We began to dispair until Bilbo appeared in front of Bofur's cell with a bunch of keys. All the dwarves as well as Aleron and I cried out in joy.
"Shh!" Hushed Bilbo urgently "There are guards nearby!" He came and unlocked all our cells. I hugged the hobbit briefly and thanked him before casting myself into Thorin's arms. Balin shook his head and sighed.
"Are you two capable of being apart from each other for more than a day?" Asked the old dwarf. Thorin chuckled, barely taking his eyes off me. I kissed him briefly on the lips before Bilbo called us over.
"You're meant to be leading us out not further in!" Bofur exclaimed quietly.
"Shut up and trust him Bofur!" I whispered back. Bofur rolled his eyes at me.
~{<>}~
Bilbo lead us down a series of passages and staircases until we reached the cellars. Two rather drunk looking Elves were asleep at a table, snoring loudly.
"I can't believe it!" Groaned Bofur "We're in the cellars!"
I clapped the dwarf on the back of the head, causing his hat to fall over his eyes.
"Get in the barrels," whispered Bilbo. All the dwarves looked at Thorin.
"Do as he says," Thorin whispered.
"Aleron," I whispered to her "Go in the top ones because we're the only ones that can reach." Aleron nodded to me and we hauled ourselves into the topmost barrels.
"Where you calling me and my men short, Miss Eleana," joked Thorin.
"No really?" Aleron retorted before I could open my mouth. Thorin smirked at me before getting into a barrel himself.
"What do we do now?" Asked Bofur. All the dwarves poked their heads out to listen to Bilbo's answer.
"Hold your breath," the hobbit said simply.
"Hold me breath?" Asked Bofur before the barrels began to roll steeply down a slope that appeared out of no where. All of us were yelling at once, I could hear Aleron screaming like a child at a water park. Without warning, we hit the water with a deafening splash. I was instantly soaked to the skin with ice cold water. Bilbo landed in the water a few moments later. The hobbit floundered about in the water until he managed to grab on to Nori's barrel.
"Well done, Master Baggins," congratulated Thorin. Bilbo waved a hand at him and we began to drift downstream.
"Hold on!" Came a shout, seconds before we tumbled down a waterfall. I was plunged under the water momentarily before resurfacing. We flew down the rapids at a fast pace, constantly crashing into each other and plunging beneath the ice cold water. Then, the gatehouse came into view...