Epilogue: In Which All Is Well

J A X ' S P O V

7 months later

Today's the day that Blaire's going to get released from prison.

I feel like I've been waiting a damn long time for this to happen. It's hasn't been easy—flying back and forth every week between Boston and LA to visit her for only a couple of hours. I mean, I look forward to seeing her all the time, but it's hard, not being able to touch her and hold her.

I have memorized every angle and impression on her face but I want to feel the curve of her jaw against my thumb and cradle her cheeks in my hands. I want to feel the softness of her lips against mine again, glide my hands down her back and rest on her waist, electrifying every nerve and fibre in her body. I want her again, with nothing separating the both of us, not that damn glass panel and certainly not our clothes too.

Yeah, it's been really hard for me. I mean it literally. I don't think I've ever gone this long without having sex.

     But I keep telling myself it will be so worth the wait once I have Blaire with me again.

Her absence in my life these past seven months has not been easy and it's not just because of the sex too. I take her advice and distract myself with friends and loved ones in both LA and Boston. When I'm in Boston, I make sure to spend some quality time with Baxton and Eden.

My dad and I have grown a lot closer now that I actually take the effort now to mend my relationship with him. He's spending a lot more time in the mansion with me now rather than partying with his friends and making out with bartenders, and to be honest, I actually like his company.

     We're a lot alike and I actually find myself relating to him more than I care to admit. Which is nice because we can bond over most things and have hell a lot of fun doing so too.

And when I'm not with dad, I put some time away to visit Eden. I think I may have started to grow on his adoptive mom because Laura lets me bring him out more now.

It also may because Eden really likes me—not that I'm bragging, but I'm just really proud of the fact that a kid actually craves my company—based on the fact that I'm apparently really cool and I also buy him a lot of ice-cream and comic books.

It's fine with me. I like spending time with Eden too. No doubt he talks too much, and although I used to find that really annoying, I find it really endearing now. He likes talking about Blaire a lot and he has a lot of stories about him and her back when they were young and back when their parents were still alive.

I feel like I know Blaire a lot more now and I feel connected to all aspects of her life—her past, present, and hopefully her future.

So I lean against the barbed fence, waiting impatiently for her near the door with Eden, along with Belle and Ben who both decided to tag along as well.

      Belle taps her white cane against the tar lightly to pass the time whereas Ben is talking back and forth, arms folded across his chest, his eyes darting to the door every five seconds. I can't blame him though; I do it too.

Suddenly I hear someone scan the door and it clicks open. A guard steps forward and holds the door back, allowing Blaire to walk through. I immediately straighten up and I lose my ability to breath when I see her.

She's no longer in that god awful orange jumpsuit; she's wearing a loose navy blue tank top, skinny jeans and a pair of worn out sneakers. Her hair falls past her shoulders in loose curls, looking almost mahogany instead of black under the cruel afternoon sunlight.