Chapter 52: Discoveries

October, 6th Tuesday

(Y/n) gently shuffled in her sleeping frame, feeling unusually warmer than usual. As she attempted to kick off her covers in her half-lucid state, she felt an unusual shape from behind her. It was too solid to be the duvet and seemed too heavy to be the sheets. As she felt herself becoming irritated with the overheating temperature, she half-heartedly opened her eyes to notice the unfamiliar form. As she looked towards her side, she noticed an arm that wrapped itself around her waist, causing her to freeze in place at the unexpected sight. When her brain finally reacted to the spectacle, she reflexively spun around to kick the figure out of the bed in a frenzied manner.

As a thud emanated from the fallen body, (Y/n) scrambled to the edge to glare at the person that had laid in bed with her. "Alex! What the hell?!" The male casually sat up, he looked at the female with a blank, neutral expression. "What were you doing?!"

The boy sighed and rubbed his head, "I didn't want you to have nightmares." The girl's furiously scowled down at the teenager and threw a pillow at his head.

"Next time, let me have nightmares!" She sighed at the unconventional wake up she received and stretched her arms as a yawn escaped.

"But I don't want you to be afraid." The male gave her a serious look that seemed indifferent to most of his other expression, making the girl sigh in frustration.

"What time is it?"

"10 am." The female slapped her head at her tardy behaviour.

"Gees I slept in...wait, when did you come into my room?" The boy seemed thoughtful for a moment as he stared at the ceiling, until turning back to the girl.

"8 hours ago." As he nonchalantly answered, he received a deathly stare from the female who wasn't sure whether to be angry or impressed with his stealth. Instead, she threw her second pillow at the boy and wordlessly moved towards her drawer, trying to ignore his occupancy altogether.

The boy watched her as she picked out random articles of clothing until he was noticed by the female. "I'm going to change now so, do you mind?" She determined the boy shuffling in his place, thinking he was getting up to leave the room, so she continued picking out her clothes. However, as she directed back towards the room, she noticed the male facing a corner with his back towards the girl, patiently waiting for her to change. "What are you doing?"

Alex glanced back with a clueless look. "You said you wanted privacy."

(Y/n) could only fixate on the boy's reasoning and how he processes commands, and as he noticed the female's piercing glares he turned back to face away from her, considering that as a sign to leave her be.

"Out!" She pointed towards the door, causing slight confusion in the male. But he did as he was gestured, and left to wait outside. 'Do I seriously have to give direct commands for him to understand me?'

Time Skip

(Y/n) emerged from the room to see Alex sitting cross-legged on the floor beside her door. "What are you waiting for?" The boy proceeded to stand up and awaited for the girl to make the first move. With a disoriented look, she walked past the boy, only for him to follow her like a shadow, downstairs. The girl ignored the male's persistent presence and continued her journey towards the kitchen until she felt her nerves snapping away. "Ok, what are you doing?" She turned towards her follower, who was still observing her from a small distance, only to receive a vacant stare.

"I'm keeping an eye on you." The female's muscles contracted at the statement, being slightly indignant at the treatment she was receiving.

"Dude, I'm not a child for you to be guarding me." However, despite her dismissive comment, the boy proceeded to follow her out of the kitchen area and into the living room where she found the rest of her guardians.