Chapter Twenty Five

I accidentally made this chapter longer than it should be. I know what you're thinking. DOUBLE UPDATE WTF?!?

All because of your comments. I love love love them. I usually only get to read the ones posted on segments of the story instead of just a normal comment.

I love seeing what you have to say about each bit. It honestly gets me so excited. So this is for ye cause it made me happy.

Make sure to comment!!

Not edited
-

"Is it him?" Nick asked as we finally sat down at the table after waiting in line. I looked up to him and nodded my head but didn't say anything.

After the little fight we had earlier, he was being nice now? Or was this sarcasm... I honestly didn't and never would understand Seth.

I decided to pretend I didn't see the text because if I replied OK and it was sarcasm I'd be embarrassed. I honestly didn't have to reply with any sarcasm myself. I didn't know where these boosts of courage kept coming about.

Nick passed me a menu and I picked it up, glancing over at. "See anything you like?"

I wasn't feeling that hungry anymore, even though all I had at the movie was a slushie. "I wonder what the soup of the day is... maybe that and some bread"

"That's all?" He tilted his head.

"Yeah, I'm not that hungry for some reason" I mumbled, "I think the slushie didn't go down well"

He laughed and nodded his head, "I told you not to get a large one"

"You said it would give me brain freeze, nothing else"

"You almost spilled it on yourself" He pointed out. My brow furrowed and I held up my hands.

"Hey, it was a scary part of the movie. Not my fault"

"You almost choked on the straw"

"That was another jump. I was drinking and boom, just happened"

He looked up to me, it looked as if he was trying to hold a straight face. It was clear something was up. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing nothing"

"Tell me, please"

"Let's just say that somehow was sexual..."

My face went red, and it felt like it was on fire. I brushed back my hair behind me, trying to distract myself. "I love your hair straight" Nick smiled, "It really suits you"

I returned the smile, "Thank you" My eyes went up to the waitress who had just arrived. She looked pretty young to be working here. Suddenly I realized her as the girl we almost ran over earlier, "Hello, are you ready to order?"

"Yes, can I get the mussels with garlic please? Coke as a drink" Understandable he wasn't drinking as he was driving. The waitress turned to me.

"Uhm, what's the soup of the day?"

"Chicken"

"Can I get that please?"

"Would you like bread with that, ma'am?"

"Yes, please. Just a glass of water for me"

"Is that all?" We both nodded our head simultaneously. I felt weird tonight, maybe it was because this was my first date and I was still extremely nervous.

"Hey, sorry for almost running you over earlier" The waitress gave me a confused look. Why did I have to blurt things out like that and make myself sound so weird? It was a talent.