Chapter 3

Siena

I cracked my eyes open, sunlight pouring in through the window. Before I could even remember my own name, Dylan stuck his head through the door, grinning like a madman.

"Siena, come on, get up! You'll never believe who's here!" He shouted.

I groaned, stuffing my head under the pillow again.

"Dylan, it's way too early in the morning for your early bird crap. Let me go back to sleep." I moaned.

Dylan stepped in the room, a confused look on his face. "What are you talking about? It's 12:30 in the afternoon."

"Oh my god." I moaned. "I thought I was going to get to sleep in!" I said. I had been up late the night before, working for school.

Dylan just smiled. "Well, get your ass off the bed and move it! Someone's here to see us!"

I stuck my head out from under the covers, my hair looking like a rat's rest.

"Fine." I said, throwing the covers back and shuffling into the bathroom sleepily. I ran a brush through my hair and quickly showered, dressing in jeans and a t-shirt. When I walked into the kitchen, I was greeted with friendly faces and the best smiles.

"Layla," I shouted, throwing my arms around the girl who was like my sister.

"What am I, chopped liver?" my real sister, Alessia muttered.

I smiled. "It's good to see you too, sis." I said, giving her a bear hug.

Layla was Dylan's older sister, and the same age as Alessia, 23. I had grown up with Layla so much she was practically my sister too.

"Hey Alessia." Dylan greeted her, giving her a hug. "It's great to see you guys. What brings you back here?" He asked.

Layla and Alessia just smiled at each other. "Well, we both found jobs near the city as interior designers, signed to the same company, so we decided to move back and live in an apartment here." Alessia said, slipping her hand into Layla's.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, they're a couple. They have been since they were in high school. Dylan and I were so happy when we found out.

"That's great!" I said, and Layla smiled at me.

"Don't worry guys. We have A LOT of work in this new job, so we won't be hanging around here and bothering you two." She said, leaning over and ruffling Dylan's hair.

He batted her hands away. "Hey, not the hair!" He said. "I'm not your kid brother anymore." He said, trying and failing to fix it.

Layla snorted. "What, you trying to fix it for the ladies?" She teased.

"Hey, leave me alone!" He said, but he was still smiling.

"Oh, does our little Dylan like someone?" Alessia teased, Layla joining in her laughter.

Dylan's face flushed red, looking like a tomato. I laughed, until I realized that he only did this when he did like someone.

"Shut up!" I said, slapping his arm. "Who's the girl?" I asked. "You never told me about this!"

Dylan flushed an even brighter red, if that was possible, and muttered, "I didn't want anyone to know."

I smiled. "What's her name?" I asked.

"Never mind that!" He said hurriedly. "Layla, you want to go out with Siena, and Alessia, do you want to so the new piece of music I've been working on?"