Chapter Twenty-Two

~~I just want to take a moment to point out that not only has MMB made it to 30K reads and nearly 2k votes, my other book Made In The Mafia (yes, shameless self promo) is at 69k reads. Hehe, I'm so immature...
So anywho, the winner of the challenge last chapter is, drumroll please, Yougotnoswaegg congratulations, you're awesome because you have read more than one of my books ^.^ thank you. Now go forth and read, vote, comment, etc. And thank you all so much for reading and the winner for well winning, and participating. Thank you again, enjoy. ♥~~

{Chapter Twenty-Two}

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I ask worriedly. Ian nods, his eyes closed while I continue to stroke his hair. I have to go talk to Lydia who called me a minute ago in near tears, mumbling something about being at the park and her parents. I obviously need to make sure everything is okay but I don't want to leave Ian after what happened a little over an hour ago.

"Go, I'll be okay." He assures in a tired voice and I nod slowly though he can't see it.

"I'll be back." I state, stooping down to kiss him on the forehead. He nods slightly so I grab my keys off the nightstand and leave his room, keeping his door open. I make my way through the house, passing the living room where Owen and Haiden are talking. They seem to stop when I pass but I wave it off until Haiden calls my name.

I bite my lip, reluctantly moving back to the living room. I enter and notice the two have a movie muted on the TV, not seeming to care about it.

"Uhm, hi." I mumble, averting my eyes from Haiden.

"Why don't you have a seat?" Haiden offers and when my eyes return to the two I realize they don't actually look angry. Then again, I might just be reading them wrong. Hopefully I'm not.

"I actually have someone to meet." I reply and Owen arcs a brow.

"The other guy?" he asks. I cough, dropping my gaze and shifting uncomfortably when I realize Ian obviously told them, of course he did, he's obviously close with his dads.

"Owen," Haiden warns and elbows Owen in the side. I shake my head though, scratching the back of my neck.

"No, actually. It's my friend, she needs to talk to me." I reply, shifting uncomfortably.

"We will make this quick, then." Haiden assures. I wait a minute for him to continue and look up when Haiden doesn't start.

"Look Levy, you're an idiot." Owen drawls and Haiden elbows him in the side again so he clears his throat. "But you help Ian. You made him happier than I, well we, have seen him in quite a while. Then you two broke up, and Ian got bad again. He would hardly eat unless we made him, he was constantly blaring heavy metal and would barely talk to us.

"He was reverting back to the person he was after his ex took advantage of him. Look, my point is Ian needs you. He's a better person when he's around you, you make him happy, more like his old self. If you don't want to have a part in his life anymore, and you're just here because you feel guilty for him, then get the hell out of my house. But if you really care for him, then feel free to come over anytime you want. We would be glad to have you over." Owen finishes and I stare between the two in confusion. I open my mouth to speak but Owen cuts me a stern glare before continuing.

"And as long as Ian is happy, we don't care what kind of arrangement you have with him and the other guy. We want him to be happy, and you make him happy." Owen says, obviously a bit begrudgingly. I open my mouth to thank them, or something, but I can't seem to speak. I don't even know what to say, a simple thank you hardly seems fitting.