10

Fred took deep, shaky breaths. His hands were shaking and he must have fixed his hair a thousand times. He clutched the flowers George had gotten for him tightly, turning around and finding his twin hiding behind a copy of the Daily Prophet.

George, who has peeking above the top of the paper, sent his brother an encouraging thumbs up, accidentally knocking a cup to the floor.

Fred shook his head, taking another deep breath before rounding the corner. There she was. Calla Atkins. She was writing in a notebook — Fred had no idea if they were notes or even a story she was writing down. Whatever it was,  her quill was moving awfully fast. He didn't know one was capable of writing that quickly.

The red haired boy took slow steps towards the girl, not wanting to frighten her by just appearing in front of her out of nowhere. However, when he stood in front of her, she still didn't stop writing.

Fred rolled his eyes at himself — even when he was right in front of the girl she didn't notice him.

He cleared his throat and Calla jumped in her spot, dropping her quill. "Oh! Uh, hello." Fred's ears turned red and Calla coughed awkwardly, trying to swallow her own embarrassment.

"Uh, here." Fred leaned down to pick the quill up. "Uh, anyways. Um, I just, I came to uh—"

Calla tilted her head. "What kind of flowers are those?" She questioned, interrupting his stuttering.

"Um, they're uh they're callas." He mumbled the last part, but Calla still heard him.

"Are they...are they for me?"

Fred nodded, shoving the flowers toward her. Calla jumped slightly again, but took the white flowers into her hands anyways. "They're um, they're pretty. Thank you."

"Okay, so like, I'm really nervous and I'm already making a fool out of myself so I'm just going to go for it. So like, Calla, I know we don't really talk much but I was wondering if you'd want to go to Hogsmeade with me. You know, like, on a date and stuff."

Calla laughed, covering her mouth as she did so. Fred's ears turned red again. This was it. He was being rejected.

"Yeah, I'll go with you. I mean, you got me the flowers I was named after, so I'd be stupid not to go out with you. And besides, I get to say I went on a date with the prankster of the century."

Fred couldn't believe his ears. He grinned, his smiling reaching his eyes. "Oh, wow. I didn't expect to get this far, okay. Well, I'll see you next weekend then. Also, I would've gotten you lilies but I couldn't come across any."

"Don't worry about it. I assume this is why George asked me those questions?"

Fred nodded sheepishly.

"Well, it's a date." She smiled.

"It's a date." He repeated, walking away from the girl. "Bloody hell, I have a date with Calla Atkins."

--

oh my awkward babies i love them so much. I am aware that this is really sucky so far and i'm trying to improve this story but i promise it's not going to be boring for long.