Day 14 (Preview)

__

Day 14

Unedited

____

The last bell of the day rings as I gather my things and start walking out the door. After the fiasco with Julian yesterday, I had asked Kale to drop me home because I felt guilty that Lee was upset. 

You don't need to feel anything. You two aren't dating.

I sigh. Even though my conscience was right, I couldn't help how I felt. Wandering down the hall, I absently check my surroundings for Julian. This whole morning I had avoided him like a plague- afraid of what I would say wrong when I'm in his presence... But now after 7 hours of non-stop thought, I have figured out what I would say-

A sorry along with an explanation.

I had to admit it irritated me that he would be so quick to judge; however, I know though, that if I were in his shoes, I would do the same.

Deep in my thoughts, I almost- almost miss the a certain dark-haired boy in the crowd of people rushing to get home.

"Lee!"

His head turns around in the direction of my voice and I can see a slight frown adorning his face. I jog up to where he was at the end of the hall and exhale an awkward 'hey'.

"Hi." Julian tries to smile at me but I can see past it all. "Look," I start. He interrupts me, "I'm sorry."

When I send him a confused look, he elaborates a little more, "I'm sorry I overreacted."

Looking at him and his embarrassed face makes me a little bit happier, but not enough to stop making me feel bad, "I'm sorry too. It was just a friendly hangout, I swear."

He shakes his head, "Even if it was more... I had no right to be jealous."

I raise an eyebrow, "You were jealous?" Lee rubs his neck, "Well yeah. What did you think I was?"

"Sad? Mad? I don't know." I shrug my shoulders. Definitely not jealous though.

Wow. I was actually kind of flattered.

Julian snorts, "Are you sure you're an honor roll student?"

"Hey!" I hit him, "I just didn't... expect that. That's all." 

"Rory! I asked you out for God's sake! Which means like you. Which means I will get jealous if you're with another guy!" The aggravated boy huffs out in frustration.

"Oh."

"Yeah..." He trails off awkwardly, "Well... I have to go. See you later."

He turns around to walk away. "Wait!" He pauses, "What?"

"Do you have any plans tonight?" Lee pivots towards me with furrowed eyebrows, "Tonight?"

I shrug my shoulders in slight embarrassment, "Are you free to hang out?" I see the hesitation clear on his face and I hold my breath as I wait for his answer.

"Yes," He finally says. I let out a big breath, "Great! What do you want to do?"

"Movie sound good?"

I smile, thankful that he was lightening up a bit, "Yeah. Are we going to go to a theater or stay at home?"

"Theater."

"Okay, I'll call you with the movie options and the timings."

He gives me a small smile, "It's a date I guess."

I chuckle, "I guess so."

___________________

Social Media Links:

FB:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baby-Project/832129946813226

Instagram: manaal_ali

Twitter: its_manaal_yo

Tumblr: droppedjem

Ask FM: droppedjem

Email: officialdroppedjem@gmail.com