Chapter Four

Hey guys, I wanted to be nice and upload a little faster than usual. The next chapter is REALLY important. I was going to combine chapter four and chapter five, but then I decided to seperate them. I'm hoping to make the chapters after chapter 5 longer, with at least 3-5 thousand words because these past chapter have been only 1-2 thousand words.

Enjoy!

Vote, comment and fan please!

-Tavita

***

Chapter Four

 ***

 It had been two days. Two days of agonizing teasing and jokes and humiliation. I just wanted to give up, let loose. I could now understand why some people would commit suicide because of bullying. But this was beyond bullying; this was downright torture.

It was hard to kill wolves, though. If I had decided to hang myself, I’d just be suffocating, going through extreme pain with the lack of air, but I wouldn’t die. I couldn’t die. Only silver and beheading could kill us, or cutting out the hearts, even burning us, but I wouldn’t be able to do any of those. It made me sick to even think about it. If I had slit my wrist, the skin would just regenerate. If I cut off my arms, it’d grow back. If my skull cracked, it’d reshape. Lycanthropes were made like that.

Don’t. Even. Think. About. It, my wolf growled dangerously.

You know I would never actually follow through, I responded weakly, lying on my back on my small, uncomfortable bed.

I don’t like vile thoughts like those appearing in our mind, she snapped.

I cringed at her harsh tone and apologized. I didn’t really want to die, not this young. There was still a little hope that one day, maybe Xavier will see that I belong with him and accept me. He had to eventually be tired of denying me, right? We were literally made for each other. If we hadn’t been, why would the Spirits have put us together?

Before I could find an answer to my own question, I heard Holly yelling my name. I winced. I hoped it wasn’t another useless beating. I didn’t like being used as a punching bag. I didn’t like being blue and black all over.

Cadrian!” she screamed. I scrambled to my feet and dashed out the door to the living room where I heard her impatient tapping off shoes.

“Yes, Holly,” I whispered, looking down at the floor, refusing to meet her eyes. She didn’t like it when I looked at her straight in the eyes. She never said so, but I knew she felt like I was challenging her, though even if I did, I’d never win. Holly was one of the defenders, so she wasn’t much of a fighter, but she had strength I wouldn’t be able to measure up to.

“Are you blind?” she shrieked. This was one of the moments when her beautiful, musical voice turned ugly and unattractive. “It’s six, Cadrian, dinner was supposed to be served by now,” she growled, her baby blue eyes darkened in anger. I cringed at the hate I saw swirling in them and my gaze dropped to her neck where the necklace mother and father had given me was hanging. My heart constricted in pain and I willed the tears away. The diamonds were glittering beautifully, showing that Holly had been taking care of it, at least. I could tell that the locket hadn’t been opened, still. I knew she had tried to open it only to have failed. I wish I knew what was inside. Father had told me there was an inscription written inside.

I clasped my hands and dropped my head. “I’m sorry, Holly,” I whispered.

“Hurry up and make us something,” she snapped. I walked to the kitchen as fast as I could and got to cooking the roasted chickens I had set out earlier, chopping up vegetables in a flurry, occasionally cutting myself only for the wound to heal in a second’s time.