one | selene

{ point of view | selene e'clare }

"Here you go," I lazily mumbled under my breath as I served the drink on the counter, "A hot caramel macchiato." I pushed the tray towards Lance's direction.

"Thanks, cupcake, but I ordered an iced caramel macchiato," he replied, emphasizing the word 'iced' as the side of his lips curled into a sly smile.

"Sorry," I yawned as I walked towards the fridge and scooped some ice with a spoon. I dropped them in the cup and turned to this annoying ex-neighbor slash current housemate slash customer slash friend who's been bugging me in this café every day recently. "Anything else?"

"I said I wanted an iced caramel macchiato to go," he told me as he lifted the coffee cup and placed it right back on the saucer. "Damn, love, you and your twin are still outta your minds these days," he placed his elbows on the counter and rested his face on his hands as he stared at me, "You even missed school today... again. You, girls, okay?"

"I'm fine," I insisted, grabbing a paper cup and transferring his drink from the ceramic mug. "There. You may go now and never bother me again, thanks!" I handed him his coffee and ushered him towards the direction of the door but he just refused.

"Selene!" Cherry, my co-worker, yelled as she came out of the staff room, putting her apron on. "Your shift's over, the manager said you could go now," she smiled at Lance, "Hey, take care of this kid, 'kay?"

"Got it," Lance replied as he twirled me around and removed my apron for me. "My little sister's so adorable," he commented as he messed my hair.

"Stop it!" I whined as I tried to fix my hair. "First off, you're not my brother. There's no way I'm related to someone as ugly as you," I pointed out and he just made a face mockingly. "Secondly, you and my sister aren't official yet so don't you dare call me your sis," I stuck my tongue out.

"Oh, come on," he slung his arm around my shoulder, "Someday, Luna and I are gonna get married so you gotta get used to it already, little sister-in-law." He teased as he opened the door for me, "Come on, she texted earlier, saying she already finished cooking dinner for us and asked me to pick you up."

I just sighed as I got into his car and he drove back to his new place. My sister and I used to share a room in a small apartment while Lance happens to live next door. But then, uh, something came up and, um... We had to move out and he was kind enough to... accept us in his new home.

My sister and I told him that once we gather enough money, we'd pay him back but he kept refusing. Anyway, he doesn't cook very much and I think all that guy has ever eaten was always delivered to his doorstep so we agreed to just cook meals for him and help out with all the cleaning and stuff, you know, as a way to repay him somehow.