A Barrel Ride (Part 2)

An Elven horn sounded behind us. The gates began to close.
"No!" Cried Thorin as the gates shut seconds before he reached them. We weren't going to escape after all, we would stay in the Elven Kings dungeons forever. Suddenly, a orcish yell came from above us. While the elves fought the orcs, Kili sprang up from his barrel and headed for the leaver that would open the gates. Suddenly, an Orc arrow whistled through the air and struck Kili in the knee.
"Kili!" Screamed Aleron and Fili in unison. The injured dwarf reached up with a great deal of pain and pulled the leaver. The gates began to open. Kili hauled himself into a barrel, the arrow snapping off of his leg sickeningly. We began to move forward, the frontmost dwarves disappearing down yet another waterfall. I plunged downwards, following the course of the water.
Here we go again then, I thought to myself.
~{<>}~
We rushed through the rapids, orcs and elves fighting around us. Orcs were running everywhere, trying to follow us. But the elves were swift an skilled and quickly overpowered them. The orcs still managed to get to us though and there were some very close calls. Bombur ended up on the bank at one point and managed to put a fair few orcs out of action. Bombur leapt into another barrel and we continued down the river. Many things happened, Dwalin had to head butt an Orc to get it off his barrel, we had to cut a log in half to stop the orcs getting to us, Legolas even used the dwarves' heads as stepping stones. But eventually, we lost both the elves and orcs and disappeared along the river.