The House of Bard

Next thing I knew I had my head poking out of a toilet. The boy was there, helping me out.
"Da?" Came a girl's voice "Why are there dwarves climbing out of our toilet?"
"Will they bring us luck?" Asked another.
They must be the children he was talking about, I thought to myself. I finally reached the top of the stairs to see two brown haired girls staring at me. The smaller one, I guessed that was Tilda, had her mouth open is disbelief.
"Da?" She asked Bard "Is that an Elf?" Bard smiled kindly at his daughter.
"Yes Tilda, she's an Elf," he said. Tilda's eyes opened even wider. Aleron came up the stairs and stood next to me. Tilda continued to stare at me intently.
"Why don't you show her and her friend to your room and give them something to change into?" Suggested Bard. Little Tilda nodded excitedly. She ran to me and took me by the hand, leading me through a door.
~{<>}~
The room had two beds in it, both covered with patchwork quilts. A little toy chest stood in one corner, a little chair next to it. The two girls clearly shared. Tilda went and sat on her bed, swinging her legs excitedly.
"So you're an elf?" she said.
"My mother was an elf, my father the Skin-Changer Beorn," I replied. Tilda's eyes widened.
"What do you change into?" She asked excitedly.
"Do you want me to show you?" I asked. She nodded her head frantically. I smiled before turning into a wolf. I went over to Tilda and nuzzled her hand with my nose. She began to make a fuss of me. Aleron burst out laughing when Tilda scratched behind my ear and my leg started twitching. I turned back into my normal form and sat next to Tilda. She reached out and touched my pointed ears. Suddenly, the door creaked open. Bard was there, holding a pile of clothes.
"Da!" Squealed Tilda excitedly "She can turn into a wolf!" Bard laughed.
"I'm sure she can," he said. He came into the room and put the pile of clothes on the bed.
"These were Emmeline's," sighed Bard "If they're too big I'm sure Sigrid wouldn't mind lending you some of her clothes."
"But these were ma's clothes," said Tilda.
"I know Tilda," said Bard "But I don't use them and both these ladies are cold and wet so it'll have to do for now." And with that, he left us. I began to pull off my boots, finding that there was half an inch of water in both of them.
"Do you want me to put your boots in front of the fire?" Asked Tilda. I smiled at the child.
"That would be lovely," I said. I handed her the boots. She smiled and took Aleron's as well before disappearing to let us get changed. I pulled off my tunic, shirt and leggings, leaving me in just my undergarments.
"I bet Thorin wouldn't mind being in here right now," chuckled Aleron as she pulled off her shirt.
"Not with you in here, you'd scare the living daylights out of him," I retorted. Aleron opened her mouth, then shut it again before trying to tug off her soaking wet leggings. I chuckled as she fell on the floor. I went over to the pile of clothes and picked up a pretty blue dress. I hadn't worn a dress like that for years, not since I had lived in the village with mother and father. That was years ago now. I pulled the dress over my head, the coarse fabric scratching against my skin.
(A/N: This is what the dress looks like:)

I undid my hair from its plait and sighed as it fell in straggly strands down the side of my face

"Would you like a hair brush?" Asked Tilda's voice behind me.
"If it's not too much trouble," I said. Tilda walked past me and picked up a small brush from her beside table.
"Here," she said, placing it in my hand "Please be careful with it." I looked down at the brush to see a little inscription on the head:
Dearest Tilda,
A little gift for our darling daughter,
Love Mother and Father.
"Are you sure you're okay with me using this?" I asked. Tilda nodded.
"As long as you're careful, I don't mind," she said. I began to draw the brush through my hair until it hung gracefully around my head, all the knots gone from it.
"You look really pretty," said Tilda. I smiled at the child.
"Ni lassui." I thanked the child in Elvish, causing her to nigh on explode in excitement. She raced past me, probably to go tell her father and siblings. Aleron let out a little chuckle.
"Honestly, children," she laughed, shaking her head. I chuckled before leaving her to go and see the others. As soon as I walked out of the girls room, I felt fourteen pairs of eyes on me.
"What?" I laughed. The dwarves and Bilbo went back to their talking. Thorin came over to me, smiling.
"You look beautiful," he said.
"You're not the first person to tell me that," I replied.
"If it's that bloody Bargeman I'll rip his head off," growled Thorin.
"Calm yourself," I said "It was his little daughter. She's obsessed with Elves." Thorin let out a chuckle.
"That's fine then," he said. Thorin reached up and touched my face. I smiled at him, staring deeply into his irresistible blue eyes. Our faces drew closer until our lips touched. I felt Thorin's arms wrapping around me as the kiss deepened. I heard Tilda squeal behind me. I broke away from Thorin to see Tilda stood with her hands over her eyes.
"Is it safe to look?" She asked.
"Yes Tilda," I said. She peeked out from between her fingers before lowering her hands.
"Warn me before you do something like that," she giggled.
"What we're they doing?" Asked Aleron, poking her head around the door.
"They were kissing and it was gross!" Giggled Tilda. Aleron pulled a face.
"I know it is," she laughed "Honestly you two, you should know better." I opened my mouth to say something but then Bard came up the staircase with a great piece of tarpaulin over his shoulder.
"What in middle earth is that?" I asked. Bard looked up at me, placed the tarpaulin on the table and opened it, revealing its contents.