Chapter Thirty Three

"Hey Noah." I said, a slight smile on my lips. He moved aside, leaving enough room for me to enter his apartment. I walked over to the kitchen, placed the box on the side and took a seat at the counter.

"Drink?" He asked, a confused look now on his face. He was in a baggy white tshirt and a pair of grey joggers, obviously he had not been expecting any company, let alone me. I shook my head, not sure as to what to say. "Okay, but I'm making myself a tea so just say if you decide you do actually want one." He walked over to the kettle, filled it up to the max point and turned it on to boil. He did not turn around, he kept his hands placed on the counter and his head stayed down. "What are you doing here?" He whispered, so quiet I almost missed it.

"Do you want the honest answer?" He nodded. "I don't know, I was running and when I stopped I was outside your apartment, I thought it must have been for a reason."

"Always running, you're never still are you?" He chuckled, head still down. " Why do you run, ey? Do you just not want to face the things that are right in front of you? What have you been running from now?"

"I came from Jacks house." I watched him closely , looking for any sort of reaction. He gave none.

"Ah, I see. And somehow you end up here. The last place you wanted to be." His fists were clenched. The kettle clicked. He grabbed a mug and poured the hot water into it. He then placed a tea bag and a little milk into the mug. I waited until he had removed the tea bag to speak. He finally turned to face me.

He had bags under his eyes, a sign of the many sleepless nights he had had.

"What makes you think this is the last place I wanted to be?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that you told me to stay away from you, which by the way, hurt."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you think this was the last place I wanted to be. It's really." I paused. "One of the only places I want to be." He laughed at this and took a sip of his drink.

"So, why do you run? I've been wondering about it a lot. When you are faced with things you do not like, you run. Why?" He tilted his head.

"Because. Running helps me think. But it also helps me get away from certain situations I don't like. I know what you're thinking, perhaps staying to sort a situation out is better. However, the thought of doing that makes me panic."

"Why?" Noah moved forward and rested his mug on the side I was sitting at. He looked in my eyes.

"Because, I don't know how to handle it or how to fix it." I looked down at the floor when I said this.

"And you never though about asking for help? All this time. I've been here since the start and you never once thought about coming to me for help." He slammed his hand down on the counter making me jump. I looked up. "Did the love I give you not convince you that you could trust me?"

"I don't like asking for help."

"For heavens sake Aremor! You need help, you look tired. Your eyes are blood shot, you're pale and you look so lost. I want to help you ,can't you see that?"

"I do want your help." In a second he was by my side, his hand on top of mine.

"Then let me help you." I smiled.

"You're too kind , did you know that?".

"I've been told many times, but that doesn't matter. Let me help you. Stop running , please. Because one day you're going to keep running and you're either going to get lost or you're going to get hurt. And, I don't know what I would do in either of those situations" I squeezed his hand and moved closer.

"I'm a mess." I admitted. He rested his head on top of mine.

"Me too. Maybe we could help each other. Please, I'm begging you Aremor. It hurts me seeing you like this."

"How can you help me? Jack tried to and he's dead. Josh has tried to and yet here I am, still a complete mess."

"I can help you Aremor because I love you. I know Jack did, probably just as much as I do. But there is only one difference."

"What's that?" I asked, confused as to what he meant.

"You didn't love them the way you love me. Well at least I hope you still love me as this point I am making would be completely invalid." He laughed and this time I joined in.

"What am I supposed to say?"

"Say you still love me. Say you want my help. Promise me you you'll stop running. " He looked so sad.

"I've never stopped loving you, I've loved you since the moment I met you. Of course I want your help, I need your help. I'll stop running, I promise." He hugged me then. "I've been selfish , I never stopped to think about how you felt. I was too caught up in myself to even register the pain you were feeling. So, now that I've agreed to let you help me. Let me help you. "

"Just being near you is making me feel better, being with you is the only help I need." Again, he hugged me. However, this time it lasted far longer than any hug had in the history of hugs. His tea had long gone cold by the time we separated.

"I'll change if that's what you want, I'll be better."

" I don't want you to change, I just want the Aremor I fell in love with."

"She's right here" and with that he placed a kiss on my lips and went to heat up his tea.