kingdom - lebron james

for Abriella26
_____

"Don't believe in kings; believe in the Kingdom."

"Nah, Junior. I can think of at least one king you should believe in."

LeBron James Jr. groaned from the backseat of his father's car. "Come on, pops! They're song lyrics."

LeBron momentarily turned and faced his eldest son as he backed his car into the driveway. "Fine, but you know how I feel about you rapping in the car with Zhuri," he warned, referring to his one year-old daughter.

"She's sleeping. See? Mama's holding her right now." Bryce, the youngest of the boys, pointed outside of the car to his baby sister, who was indeed sleeping in the arms of her mother, fast approaching the car.

"Open the door for your mom. The last thing you want on this car ride is an angry momma," LeBron chuckled. Bryce complied and opened his door for an out-of-breath Jeuel James.

"Sorry it took me so long. Baby girl fell asleep while I was changing her." Lebron's wife's soothing voice filled the car. As she leaned over Bryce and buckled Zhuri into her seat, she added, "We're not going to be late now, are we?"

"No, babe, and we better not be."

Today was the first preseason home game for the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers, and no person in Ohio was looking forward to it more than LeBron James, the King himself.

"Late?" Bryce and LeBron Jr. exchanged an amused look before quietly bursting into giggles.

"Only way we'll be late is if dad decides to recite his championship parade speech all over again," Bryce slighted, earning him an 'ooh' from Jeuel and LeBron Jr. and a laugh from LeBron Sr.

"You sound just like Kyrie. Speaking of Kyrie, y'all ready to go to see my man Uncle Drew again?" The boys cheered happily. It had been a while since they last saw their "Uncle" in person, since the offseason tended to be a time when NBA players went their separate ways.

"I can't wait to see Uncle JR again," Bryce commented as Jeuel slid into the passenger seat. "Hopefully he found a shirt since the parade."

The James family momentarily forgot their youngest member was sleeping as they all broke out into a collective fit of laughter. It was only when Zhuri opened her eyes that LeBron Jr. realized his family's actions.

"Well, we woke up 'Ri," he announced.

"I guess that's our cue to head to the Q," LeBron announced. His only response was silence. "Y'all didn't hear the bars I just spit?"

"Oh, we did, love," Jeuel replied, patting her husband's cheek. "That's why you play basketball."

The boys in the backseat howled at her comment, while LeBron gave a faux pout. "The NBA season ain't even started yet, and I'm already losing." He shook his head. "That's how I really know it's time to go."

As her husband backed out of the James residence and drove to the Q Arena, Jeuel's heart swelled with pride at the  Cavaliers gear she saw donned on different people along the drive. It always reminded her of the man at her side, who started from humble beginnings, had a world of expectations on him as a young high school basketball player, and somehow managed to exceed those expectations as one of the NBA's greatest. Even more, he still managed to be the loving, supportive father he had vowed to be, and Jeuel felt blessed to be by her man's side since day one.

As her family rolled into the team parking lot at the arena and dismounted from the car, a familiar voice filled the air.

"Wassup, Snapchat. Kyrie Irving here, walking back to my favorite place on Earth, A-K-A the Q." A few feet from Jeuel, the young point guard held his phone up in the air, swiveling it to face the James family. "And look who we have here—LeBron James with his wonderful family. Say hey, guys!"

Once Kyrie finished his Snapchat, he placed his phone back in his jeans pocket and greeted the Jameses with a bright grin, spreading his arms wide. "Damn, I missed this place."

"Language!" LeBron jokingly covered Zhuri's ears before Kyrie jogged over and dapped him up.

Irving turned towards Jeuel and gave his close friend a hug. "Jeuel, long time, no see. You're looking great as always."

"Forgot someone?" Bryce asked expectantly, gesturing towards LeBron Jr. and himself.

Kyrie grinned and gave the two boys fist pumps. "And there's my favorite members of the James family! How could I forget?" He began walking towards the arena entrance with the the James sons in tow.

"Can you show us your handles when we get on the court? I'm modeling my dribbling after you," Junior quipped.

"Why me? Your old man can't handle the basketball well enough?" Kyrie teased, glancing back at LeBron before going through the door to the arena with Junior and Bryce.

LeBron glanced at his wife as they followed their sons to the entrance. "It must be 'Everyone Shade Bron Day,' huh?"

"Don't worry. There's at least two people who don't hate you," Jeuel comforted, pointing to herself and Zhuri.

He smiled sarcastically while intertwining his fingers with hers. "Great confidence booster, babe."

"Us and, you know, the thousands of Cavalier fans who just watched you win a ring for Cleveland a few months ago. Speaking of a ring, you ready for the season?"

"More ready than I've ever been." A glint formed in LeBron's eyes as he thought ahead to the upcoming basketball year. "And who knows? One more for The Land? Anything can happen. We of all people know that."

___

I finally updated after two month because basketball season is finally almost here. I swear I didn't forget about everyone's requests, but I've been very busy with school & work so I hope you understand!