Fetish Took Me By Surprise

Chapter Three: Fetish Took Me By Surprise

((Playlist: Always by Hammock! At The Discus [AKA Panic! At the Disco])

The moments immediately following were full of Sophie stuttering, face bright as a stop sign as Jackson watched on with a raised eyebrow. Finally, after about half a minute of this, he sauntered past her and down the stairs.

"Just come on down." She could hear the eye roll in his voice. "It's my band's rehearsal room."

Sophie pressed her hands to her cheeks, willing them to cool down as she followed him.

At the bottom of the stairs, she found herself in a spacious, well-lit room nothing like her own basement - which was cold, dark, and infested by scary black spiders. Instead there was a couch and some kind of projector screen on the back wall. But most of the room was taken up by instruments - a keyboard, a drum set, a guitar, a bass guitar, and a few other scattered things.

"My band mates keep their instruments here most of the time," Jackson explained.

"So this is where you play your incredibly inappropriate songs?" Sophie strolled around the room and nearly tripped over an amp. Jackson shoved it against the wall with his foot casually.

"Only inappropriate to you." Jackson pulled his phone out of the pocket of his skinny jeans and plugged it into a speaker. "Here's another good band you need to listen to."

Sophie sat down on the carpet next to him. As Jackson scrolled through his phone, she asked, "Who is it? Please tell me it isn't Fall Off Boy."

"It isn't Fall Out Boy," he corrected. "It's Panic! At The Disco. Listen." He hit play and the sound of quiet electric guitars sounded through the speakers before the lyrics began:

"Is it still me that makes you sweat?

Am I who you think about in bed?

When the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you're sliding off your dress?"

"OH MY GOD!" Sophie snatched his phone and stopped the song. She glared at him, ignoring the fact that she just took God's name in vain.

"What was THAT?!" She shouted. That was the most risqué thing I've ever heard in my life!

"A really good song. Y'know, maybe I shouldn't have played you their dirtiest song to start off with," he thought aloud.

"You think?!" Sophie was infuriated. "Don't you listen to any nice songs?"

Jackson held up a finger. "Fine. I'll play you a 'nice' song. It's also by Panic! At The Disco. It's not inappropriate, I promise," he added, seeing her dubious expression. He hit play again.  This time, the sound of a soft acoustic guitar played.

"It was always you,

Falling for me

Now there's always time

Calling for me

I'm the light blinking at the end of the road,

Blink back to let me know."

When the song ended, Sophie nodded. "That was nice."

"You liked it?"

"Yeah, it was pretty." Sophie was pleasantly surprised. I actually like that song.

"Thank God. I may actually be able to get you into some good bands after all."

Sophie tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "So, does Hammock! At the Discus have any other good songs?" she asked.