Chapter 27

Hey guys! 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Hope ya'll like this chappy!!!

Chapter 27

       You don't always need the bad boy.

       You don't always need the arrogant attitude, or the superiority complex. You don't need the guy that will laugh at your pain or brush you off like you don't matter. Like you're no big deal.

       Then again, my version of "bad boys" comes from a very select, and narrow, TV show collection.

       And although that bad boy seems hot, like how his attitude and good looks rock your world, sometimes that's just not what you need.

       Sometimes the very person you need, the type of boy who can make your head spin and cause you to swoon on your feet, is a guy who would wake up in the middle of the night, walk into your room, and rock you out of terrible nightmare-after terrible nightmare.

       My type of boy.

       "I got you, baby."

       "Rex." I sobbed hoarsely as his arms wrapped around me tighter until they felt like thick vines holding me securely. I curled myself into his chest like a toddler as he rocked my shaking body.

       "It's okay my Roza. Sh, it's okay."

       I don't know why those words eased the hollow, vicious, ache in my chest, or why his gruff voice washed over me like a warm embrace. But I did know that I would never let him go.

       I curled my fingers into his shirt and pushed my red face into his chest. Despite his gentle rocking my body still shook, my chest still ached, and my throat hurt from the vicious sobs tearing through it.

       "Sh, sh, baby flower. I'm going to tell you a story, okay?" I could barely nod against his chest as my body shook, but he continued anyway.

       "When I was little," His voice was soft and gentle as he brushed the hair from my face and ran his lips gently over the top of my head. "And I had a bad dream, my mom would come into my room and read me a chapter from this book." His voice was so soft and low that I had to try and force my sobs to stop so I could pay attention.

       I never wanted him to stop talking.

       "It was the most stupid book ever." He chuckled at the thought before he went back to nuzzling his face in my hair, right by my ear. "It had something to do with talking trains and an overly excited conductor, but it worked." His fingers brushed my lower back gently, just under where my nightshirt had scrunched up.

       I uncurled one of my hands from around his shirt to grasp gently at one of the biceps that was squeezing me tightly.

       "Her voice was so calm and gentle, that I would have listened to her tell me anything and it would have calmed me down just the same." My sobs started to ease and fade away as his voice soothed the pain from my chest, the same as his mom's did for him.

       "She" –hiccups- "Sounds amazing." I mumbled into his chest as his hands began to gentle massage my lower back soothingly.

       He sighed into my hair before he pressed his forehead into the crook of my neck.

       "She was."

       "I never knew my mom." I hiccuped again before pulling back from his chest just enough to wipe at my face. I didn't get very far before his giant arms pulled me tightly back into his chest though.