Chapter 29

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hot water sluiced down my back and I reveled in it. The next day would bring no relief to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!" Hunter was being a bit temperamental today.

'Someone must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.' Rayne comments.

'More like wrong side of the cave.' I grumble back and she snickers. Hunger first had us do 100 push-ups, 75 sit-ups, 20 laps, and two hours of hand to hand combat. As a warmup. Our time was split 50-50 between Hunter and our older instructors. Derreck and I would practice after lunch and Hunter got us in the morning. Hunter's idea of a warmup took the average man(or woman) 3 hours to complete. For me it took 2 hours, 57 minutes. Not the best, not the worst, and I was ok with that. Amipere kept me updated with all the latest gossip from the dragons. Apparently there was a similar system with the dragons, each one got an older students dragon to work with and Hunter's dragon. She apparently got Tarch. James's dragon. He was smaller than normal but had a large personality and never ending energy. He pushed Amipere to the limit, waited for a second, then did it again. Always stretching her a bit more but never hurting her. Hunter was the opposite. You either got in shape or got your butt off his field and back to where ever you came from. He never singled me out but I could tell that the other boys wanted me to fail. I would sometimes find a frog in my shoe or a lump of fast drying glue on my door handle. I would sigh, undo what ever they did, and just keep going. If they saw it affect me, the would just keep doing it. John wanted me to tell Hunter or Derreck but I didn't. One day, I would be stronger than them and they would wish they had been nice to me. I didn't respond to their taunts or jeers in the hallways, didn't respond to their constant pranks; I just let it fill up and minter all bottle, each day the bottle emptied when I was fighting and then started to fill again. This couldn't be a permanent solution but it would work, for now. As I was doing the first set of drills for hand to hand, a boy I had come to fondly know as Mr. Idiot #2, decided it would be a good idea to trip me and make me fall flat on my face. I didn't say a word as John helped me up and we started to run again. However, I increased my pace slightly to catch up to Mr. Idiot #2 until I was keeping pace with him. He looked over in surprise before smirking and trying to trip me again. I dodged and helped him lie down, in the mud,  next to Hunter, and head first. Ahh, I love revenge.