three

"good morning." a happy voice says to me, waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

my eyes pry open and i look toward the door. to my relief and surprise, the sort of familiar figure smiles buoyantly at me. how is it possible that he's always in a good mood?

"liam, hey."

"hi." he grins.

"what are you doing in here? does jack know you're in here?" i bombard him with questions.

he smiles, shaking his head. what a little devil. he sets his gun and knife near the door. we're back to this whole trust thing? i feel like liam's way too nice to be working with someone as vicious as jack.

"how was your sleep, baby?" he asks me, sitting on the edge of my bed while running a hand through his messy hair.

fuck, he's so attractive. i practically ogle and gape at him as he interrogates me. i would bang him. realizing that i'm being creepy, i put on an impassive expression and reply.

"how do you think?" i mutter, lifting up my still handcuffed hands.

they're bruising now and i'm not surprised. he frowns as he looks at my wrist. i was bring a bit rough with my cuffs because they're making me frustrated. i can barely do anything i want. even if it's flush the toilet.

my sleep, however, wasn't actually that bad. only before when i was awake, contemplating whether or not i should try and risk kicking jack's dick. my brain hurt from thinking too hard. i hate it here.

"jack should take them off of you." liam speaks up, taking me out of my reverie.

he presses his lips together in a disapproving line, holding my arms up to examine my wrists.

"he thinks i'm going to get away and snitch." i snort, incredulous by his assumption.

sure, i'd make his life a living hell if i were to escape, but if he just let me go, that'd be a different story.

liam smiles, "you think i'd let you get away from me that easily?" he jokes, setting my hands gently back down like i was porcelain ready to break.

i sigh, pulling the covers up to my neck. liam stares down at me, lifting his hand to caress my cheek. he's being so kind. this might just be an act. jack told me not to trust anyone in this house, but all of my trust is going to liam very quickly.

i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing either.

"you don't deserve to be held hostage." liam confesses.

"you should let me free." i grin, trying to persuade him.

"jack would have my head on a stake for that." he chuckles fondly. "plus, i don't really want you to go."

my heart warms up and so do my cheeks as i blush. he's being way too adorable. i would hug him if my arms weren't restrained with cold metal.

"you'd rather i suffer from being here in handcuffs?" i question, raising an eyebrow.

he chuckles, "i'm sure if you ask jack, he'd let you run a few laps around the house."

"believe me, he won't." i scoff in disbelief. "i just mentioned brushing my hair out, and then he freaked out about how he felt like he was my servant."

"he tends to take things the wrong way." liam tells me.

i break eye contact momentarily and look up at the plain white ceiling. at least this room isn't black and there's a comfortable bed in here. i'm thankful for that because if i were stuck in that dark room, i'd go insane.