-19-

CHAPTER NINETEEN | MOON RITUAL

Donna's P.O.V.
(Pyro's Mother)

I continue carefully watch as Ylva and Tasha line the edge of the pool with ashes made from white roses and a particular type of wolfbane used for this ritual.

"Make sure there are no spaces within the line, or the three of us will be in danger," I informed Ylva and Tasha.

This ritual was something I hope I didn't have to perform because Pyro is a male, but it would seem that it has to be done, regardless of his gender. I should have known when his powers started surfacing. It was foolish of me to think he wouldn't have to do it because he is a male.

"This has to be done," I whispered to myself, trying to psych myself as I watch Pyro standing quietly on the platform in the middle of the pool.

"Mom," Ylva voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "What does this do?"

"Once the ritual starts, it will create a barrier," I told her as she made her way over to me.

"Really?" Ylva looked down at the line of ash then back at me, "a barrier for what?"

"To keep the loose energy within the barrier, and to prevent others from sensing it," I continue to stare at Pyro as I talk to Ylva "without this barrier, the stray energy that Pyro will be creating could kill us and probably destroy this whole area. Since I am not a white wolf or have any abilities, I can't contain that energy."

Looking up at the moon, I could feel that it was reaching its highest peak.

"Pyro, it is time," I told him.

He slowly nods before inhaling deeply and turns to face north. The surface of water begins to ripple away from him, pushing its way onto land. As I hope, the ash around the pool kept the energy infused water within the barrier.

"I call upon the element of the north," Pyro whispered.

Water droplets drift into the air from the rippling water of the pool, moving towards the north, forming a sphere several feet away from Pyro.

"Mom, the platform sunk," Ylva pointed out as she points to the platform at the bottom of the pool.

Before I could say anything, the wind begins to up from a gentle breeze to gust of wind. I look at Pyro to see him facing the east. He was already summoning the second element. Leaves dance within the sphere of wind.

"Quickly,  get back," I ordered Ylva and Tasha as I backed away from the pool, knowing the element he was about to summon next.

Pyro drifted several inches from the surface of the pool as he turns to face in the south.

"I call upon the element of the south."

As soon as he called for the element, the ashes that line the pool ignite in a ghostly white flame. Small white embers drift into the air forming a flaming sphere.

"Just one more, and it will be over," I whisper out loud as I took a step forward, "please don't let her come."

"Please don't let who come," Ylva moves to stand next to me "this is the second time you mention this person, who is she?"

"Hopefully, you won't have to know," I told her, keeping my eyes on Pyro as he summons the last element.

"I call upon the element of the west."

Our autumn backyard slowly changes before my eyes. The autumn leaves that hung in the tree turn back to a healthy green. It was like spring came early to our backyard. The flowers begin to blossom.

A sphere made of thorny vines with white roses was the last summoned base element. The prime elements are the only ones left, and they are summoned at the same time.

"I call upon the Prime Elements that sleeps within me to awaken. Surface and take form," Pyro said as if he was in a trance.

Seconds later, each element sphere burst one by one.

"Finally, it is," I pause when I notice the ashes were still burning "why are the flames still burning?"

I look at Pyro to see him unconscious and drifting higher in the air as I made my way over to the barrier.  The white flames turn a brilliant blue, sketching several feet into the air.

Suddenly, an overwhelming feeling of power washed over me. This power wasn't coming from Pyro but from above us. Looking up at the moon, I could tell it was brighter than before. The overwhelming presence was coming from the moon.

"Oh no," I could feel fear creeping up my spine "she is coming."

"Who?" Ylva and Tasha said in unison.

"Lupa," I whispered in fear of what is about to happen.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh