Chapter 24

I walked into the hospital room to see Alaricas watching his brother. His eyes held fear, but he was relaxed. I looked over to see Eduardus looking back at him with sorrowful eyes.

"You two alright?"

Both men looked at me in surprise, I raised an eyebrow at them. Alaricas eventually looked away and laid down, turning his back to face me. I rolled my eyes at him, he now has a habit of doing this to me until I kiss him on the cheek. Pain in my ass.

I looked back over to Eduardus who was yawning.

"Yeah." He answered.

I sighed and dragged Eduardus out of the room. When I knew Alaricas wouldn't be able to hear us, I frowned at him.

"What's going on?" I asked.

He sighed, "He won't speak to me. I'm his older brother and he....he acts as if I'm going to hurt him."

"Eduardus, you need to understand that he went through a lot. He has major PTSD from the torture and now he's having flashbacks of your parents abusing him." I tried explaining.

"I just miss my brother."

I smiled softly at him, "I know you do, but he just needs time."

"Our parents want to see him."

I froze, "No. Not yet."

"I told them they can't see him until they have permission from Alaricas himself." He replied.

"Good. It would be too much for him."

When I walked back into the room he was sitting up, his eyes watching me with alertness. I smiled at him, I could feel the bond trying to bring us closer, but I couldn't do that yet.

Sure, I'll kiss him on the cheek, but I can't bring myself to actually kiss him. He looks hotter each day as he grows stronger. He's getting his natural color back and he's starting to gain some weight.

He still had his abs, but they're barely there. I know the first thing he'll do once he's fully healed is go to the gym.

I'm not in love with him, not yet. I care about him a lot, but love isn't the word to describe us right now. I'm still afraid of him lashing out on me when he's stronger, but for now, I'm controlling my fear.

He frowned at me, "No kiss?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, I quickly
kissed him on the cheek.  He nodded his head in approval before sighing and laying back down.

"When can I go to the gym?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "When the doctor clears you to."

"Fine. When can I go back to my own home?"

"I'm not sure, hopefully soon. This hospital room is boring."

"You don't say." He replied sarcastically.

I playfully glared at him, he smirked before laughing. I was stunned, how in the world can his laugh be attractive? I haven't heard him laugh like this since, well, never.

He would always just do a small laugh or chuckle a bit, but never an actual laugh.

When he quieted down and smiled at me, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I smiled back, even with our past, I do want to love him. But my fear is the thickest wall guarding my heart. Locking in my emotions as if they were prisoners. Which they are.

They're simply my prisoners of the past.