Time of our lives

When we got back to Hogwarts it was all over the Daily Prophet about Voldemort being back now that they're finally realized it. Umbridge is being looked into about her teaching practices and has been removed from the school, they couldn't find her at first but Dumbledore retrieved her from the Forbidden Forest where she was surrounded by centaurs. As I mourned over the loss of my dad I became less and less social and more introverted, I wasn't my usual bubbly, pranky self, I kept my head down and completed my N.E.W.Ts to the best of my abilities. Some of my friends tried to cheer me up but I would only put on a fake smile for them, Harry was the same. Shortly after our return I received a letter from Fred saying he couldn't meet me at Kings Cross because him and George were running behind on stocking up the store which opened in a week. At first this upset me a little but reminded me that I still have people who love me and there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

On the say we were due to leave Hogwarts all I was thinking about was the memories I have and all the friends I've made. Whilst I packed up my room I began to think about life after today, what with the war going on and all, Aurors would be targeted and I don't want to work with the Ministry. This means that I'll work with the twins in their shop, which I'm not complaining about. I packed the last item in my trunk and stared around the empty room that I've lived in for seven years of my life. Seven of the most memorable, joy-filled years of my life. I took a deep breath and closed the door one last time. I walked down the girls stairs that I used to take everyday, into the common room. I did the typical thing where you walk around the room as memories flooded your brain. I'm glad I put on waterproof mascara because my eyes were waterfalls. As I stepped out of the common room I turned around to face the Fat Lady. "Goodbye Fat Lady. I'm going to miss this place." I said as I glanced around the hall at all the familiar portraits and paintings. She gave me a warm smile. "This place will miss you. Farewell Miss Black." She said. I walked away and levitated my trunks down the moving staircase. I met Professor McGonagall in the entrance hall and said goodbye, she seemed sad to see me go but she and I both knew it was not the last time our paths would cross.

I walked down to the gates and saw everyone waiting there. "You guys waited for me?" I asked them as we started our journey to Hogsmeade station. "Of course we waited for you." Ginny said cheerfully. My spirits lifted and I smiled a genuine smile. As we walked down, Harry gave a speech about how we has something worth fighting for where as Voldemort didn't. We got to the train station, said goodbye to Hagrid and climbed aboard the train. We were walking down the corridor when Hermione snapped her neck round to me in sudden realization. "By the way, I love your outfit Anna!" She said.
"Thanks." I said and covered my exposed stomach self-consciously, I was wearing a galaxy long-sleeved crop top with a blue skater skirt and sneakers. We found a compartment in the middle of the train and it started pulling out of the station. I watched as Hogwarts slowly shrunk into the distance and I knew that at some point I'd have to let go, but I also knew that it would be so hard letting go of all of these years of my life and laughter and the roller-coaster of being a teen. But I will remember these years and the memories I've made and will cherish them forever. "You will see it again Anna." Hermione said comfortingly. "I know 'Mione. I'm just worried that the next time I'll see it, it will be rubble and dust." I said sadly and turned my attention back out of the window as the countryside flashed by. I wanted to do this with Fred, spent my last ever ride on the Hogwarts Express with him but since I wasn't able to I made the most of my last journey eating sweets from the trolley and laughing with my friends. When we reached Platform 9 3/4 I said goodbye to everyone and shared a very emotional hug with Angelina who swore to keep in touch with me. I took the billionth deep breath and stepped off the platform. I knew I'd be back with my children in the future but that wont be for many years. I got out of Kings Cross and onto the busy London street. Now, time to find my boyfriend.

I walked through the Leaky Cauldron and received cat calls and wolf whistles. Typical drunk blokes. When I got into Diagon Alley it didn't take me long to find the twins store, it was the only one with bright colours on the front. I tried to walk in quietly but they had already placed a bell above the door. It rang as I opened it and stepped inside. "Sorry we're not open till next week!" I heard George call from the back of the shop, behind the staircase in the center. I put my bags by the door and waited for him to come to the front of the store, which he did when he didn't hear a second bell ring. When he did he immediately saw me and his eyes widened. "Ann-" I put my finger over my lips quickly to silence him. "Where's Fred?" I mouthed and realization struck. He looked up and pointed upstairs. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. "Great to see you again Georgie." I whispered into his ear.
"You too Anna." He whispered back. I quietly walked up the stairs and saw that Fred had his back to me and was stocking a shelf full of fake wands. "Ermm, excuse me. Do you have anything I could get for my boyfriend?" I said making him jump a little. I love it when I did that. He didn't turn around but continued to stack the shelves. "We're not open yet, come back next week." He said. Did he really not recognize my voice. "Yeah, I know but I haven't seen him for a couple of months and he's really into pranks." I hinted but still he didn't turn around. "He does bug me sometimes. Like when he doesn't realize his girlfriend is talking to him." I said a tad harshly but he didn't seem too fazed by it. He finally finished stocking the shelf. "Look, I don't me-" He said as he turned around. He stopped when he saw me and his eyes widened. "Anna!" He yelled.
"Freddie!" I squealed back. We both ran and jumped into each other's arms. He kissed me as he set me back down on the floor after he twirled me around. We pulled apart and rested our foreheads together as we regained our breaths. "I've missed you SO much Anna." Fred smiled as he panted. "I've missed you too Fred." I grinned back and pecked his nose. After we regained our breaths Fred entwined our fingers, he looked lovingly into my eyes and said the three words I never thought I'd hear. "I love you." He finally said it and in the cutest way. "I love you too." I said back and we kissed again.

We went downstairs to George and I gave him another big hug. "It's great to have you back with us Anna." George said, I smiled and looked at them both. "Good to be back Georgie." I said. I looked around the bright and wacky shop and saw several boxes that needed unpacking. "So what work needs doing?" I asked, Fred and George just shook their heads.
"We'll work later." George said.
"But right now we need...." Fred continued.
"Celebratory Butterbeer!" They yelled at the same time. I laughed as they lead me upstairs into the apartment above the shop. They gave me a bottle of butterbeer and showed me around the flat. It was small but spacious, it came with the shop so they didn't have to pay too much rent. When you first walk in there is a kitchen and living room conjoined with a small circular table in the center (more to the side of the kitchen though.) Down the hall was Fred's room then George's room next to it but surprise, surprise they had a door connecting them. I'm gonna lock that because I don't want to wake up with blue hair or some other effect of a crazy prank. We laughed and talked for the rest of the evening and didn't get any work done. I told them about the Ministry and they felt bad, I quickly changed the subject so I didn't get sad and depressive again. George was tired so we decided to go to bed at eleven but Fred and I didn't get much sleep that night.