[18]: It Ain't Sound Like Sunshine And Rainbows

I WOKE UP AT THE sound of my alarm.

Quickly, my ninja sensing skills told me that I was alone in the bed.

Weird. Usually I woke up earlier than Seth.

Or maybe he fell off the bed?

Sitting up, I took a peek on the floor.

Nope, he wasn't in there.

"Morning sleepyhead," I heard Seth say while going out of the bathroom.

My eyes widened as I uncontrollably gave a dreamy sigh mentally. Wow, this is the scenery most girls would like to see after they wake up-- a hot guy with well built body, his hair wet from taking a bath, him smelling fresh and clean and he had nothing on but a towel.

A towel wrapped around his torso.

That was all what he had on.

Oh lala.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." I heard him say as he rummaged around his closet for some clothes.

"What, you can read minds now?" I said, wishing to my lucky stars that he didn't because that would be so embarrassing.

"No. I just can feel your gaze burning holes at my back." He said. He held up a navy blue button down long-sleeved shirt. "Is this alright?"

"Yeah." I replied. "By the way, how's your fever?"

"It's gone." He replied. "Thanks, by the way."

"Anytime."

"So, when are you planning to get off the bed?" He asked.

"Okay, okay. I'm leaving now." I said, getting to my feet and exited Seth's room.

I headed for my room and sought for a nice warm shower.

****

I checked my appearance on the full-length mirror on the wall near the door.

I was wearing a loose and cottony bright red button button down shirt with it's long sleeves folded up to my elbows, dark blue skinny jeans and red Converse to finish the 'I'm-off-to-a-LTS' outfit.

I also put on a pair of ruby earrings and a red watch. I left my hair on its usual style and put on my usual make up.

Finally, I was ready to go.

I got my phone and wallet, got my bags and made my way down the stairs. I left my bags in the living room and proceeded to the kitchen.

"Good morning Thea," Marie greeted as I stepped in.

Marie was by the counter, putting some food on the plate and Sarah was by the dining table, eating her breakfast.

"Good morning Marie. And you too, Sarah." I said.

"Hi Thea," she said after she swallowed what she was eating.

I sat down on my usual seat on the dining table and Marie placed a plate of bacon, eggs and ham infront of me.

Oh god almighty. Thank you for the delicious, heavenly and smelling-good food.

Halfway on finishing my food, Marie placed a tall glass of grape juice by my plate.

Oh my god, thank you thank you thank you!

"So, I heard that the place you're going is a two-hour drive from here." Marie said.

I almost choked on my juice.

I coughed as I set down the glass back to its place.

Two hours with Seth? Alone? In the car?

Doesn't sound like rainbows and unicorns to me.

After I finished my food, I bid goodbye to Marie and Sarah.

"Take care, okay?" Marie said.

"We will."

"Bye Thea!" Sarah called.

"Bye," I said waving goodbye.

Marie waved goodbye and Seth appeared by the doorway. He took my bags and we went out of the house.

I got in the passenger's seat and Seth soon followed.

***

"So if you'll be gone for five days, what'll happen to your fighting?" I asked, breaking the silence the silence that settle between us since we left Seth's house.

Seriously, the silence was already that loud.

I waited for his answer, still looking at him driving. And for the record, he looked like he didn't hear me--still just the same blank expression he wore since we left. When he never answered, I gave up and turned to my window.

"Nothing," he suddenly.

My head turned to him. "What?"

"Nothing," he said again.

"What about nothing?" I asked. And then I stopped myself from laughing when I realized how funny that must've sound.

"Nothing," he said. "Will happen to my fighting career."

"Career," I snorted.

"Did you say something?" He asked.

"Nope." I said.

"Thea, my fighting is a career." He stated.

Wow, playing dumb went out the window.

Another moment of awkward silence graced the both of us again.

I grabbed this moment to make use of it to recall everything about Seth.

Seth Deavon. That one name was tattooed to my brain. Flashbacks of what happened to us came flooding on my brain. The times where the butterflies in my stomach exploded and went on a riot, the times when we were so close to each other and which was too far for my liking. The times where Seth made me smile, laugh, annoyed and angry.

And those times where I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Fine, I admit that I have a crush on him. But hey! Only a small small small percent. I don't know the specific reason but I know that behind that bad boy exterior of his, there's someone way more different inside him.

*************************
A/N: Short chapter, is short.

Forgive me, folks, but to me, this chapter is rather... err, uneventful.

What about you? What do you think about this chapter? I would reaaaally love to hear your insights. Go share it to me now :)))