12. Lo Prometto

Megan saw the look on Xavier's face. She knew what he was thinking.

Her hands trailed down to his head and cupped his face, bringing him up so she was face to face with him. She placed a feather kiss on his lips.

"It was worth it. Rosa is the best thing that ever happened in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way." Megan said, a twinkle in her eye.

His heart and body were aching and burning for her.

He pressed a kiss to the nape of her neck and murmured, "I've dreamed of this." And to her shoulder, "Dreamed and dreamed."

"Every night, you were all I could think of. Your voice, your touch, your scent... they keep me sane bella."

Megan shuddered under his touch, leaning into him, sighing with pleasure as he brought his hands around to cup her breasts.

"Kiss me, Xavier. Kiss me like you mean it."

Because even if I didn't have your love, I still need that assurance.

His pulse spiked at her words, his eyes darkened. And he did kiss her, his mouth devouring hers, his tongue sweeping inside and claiming her so she felt that kiss right down to her toes.

His warmth was the testament that it wasn't a dream. The feel of his legs against hers, the thrust of his arousal against her belly, his hard chest pressing her deeper into the mattress. It was all she had ever dreamed of.

Still it wasn't enough. She needed more. Her legs tangled with his as she arched upwards, wanting more.

"Xavier..." she moaned in pleasure when he slid inside, the sweet invasion was everything she'd ever wanted. Her body opened to accommodate him. She arched and moaned uncontrollably as he stretched and filled her, and then he began to move. It was exquisite and overwhelming.

Soon, Megan gave herself up to the pounding rhythm and the crashing waves of sensation, until she let out a cry as he felt her inner muscles quivering. She collapsed into him, arms and legs wrapped around him.

Xavier sagged against her with a deep sigh of contentment. He brushed a tendril of hair from her cheek and kiss her on the lips with aching gentleness.

I love you. She heard her own voice hovering in her mind.

Her heart fluttered at the awakening devotion. She wished she could say it out loud to him as he gazed into her eyes with admiration. Yet she was afraid of the outcome. She wasn't even sure if what he felt for her was pure lust or something more. She dared not think. If it was purely lust and nothing more, she'd crack up.

She would have to leave if she ever found out he did not love her back. And Rosa would lose one of her parents, most likely to be her. But then again, would he ever let her go despite not loving her back? After all, they never had a chance to build a solid foundation for whatever relationship they were having back then.

She wasn't even sure when she had fallen in love with him. Was it the moment when she had found out the truth? Or was it when she saw him holding Rosa? Or when he had promised to protect them both? Or perhaps he always had a place in her heart the moment they met?

"Marry me tesoro." Xavier proposed unexpectedly, a slight smile crept across his face as he eyed her, waiting for her response. He beamed at the thought of spending every night with his soon-to-be wife.

She jolted out of deep thoughts. Nonplussed, her eyebrows rose and her mouth dropped open slightly.

"What?"