30

I left the bathroom after throwing up. It had been a whole week since Ray got killed and I slept one night and drank everyday. Popped pills. I would be dead if I didn't get answers soon.

I was brushing my teeth when I heard a knock on my door. I rinsed my mouth and went to open it. It was Crys.

"What's going on? You haven't returned my calls or anything." She said walking in. I shut the door and went back to the couch to sit down. She sat next to me, a little too close.

"Ray is dead." I said blankly. I didn't receive much of a reaction from her though. She just got closer.

"How long has it been since you've been to sleep?" She asked touching my shoulder. I glared at her, with barely enough energy to move my head.

"Did you hear me? RAY IS FUCKING DEAD!" I yelled putting my head into my hands. She shocked the fuck out of me when she started to kiss my neck and shoulders. I shoved her off me and stood up. I stared at her for a good minute before the realization came to me.

She didn't care when I said Ray was dead. She was here, in my house, when I came back. She just wants me.

"You killed her.." I said. She stood up looking nervous. No more words were said. I grabbed her neck and threw her to the ground causing some artwork to fall off the wall.

I was too angry to stop. I had my knee in her ribs and I was choking her out. Suddenly, she wasn't breathing anymore and I realized that I killed her. She killed Ray though. No remorse for her.

I called the cops, on myself, and sat on the couch while I waited. I don't think I would be safe without being locked up. They got here 5 minutes later. I was cuffed and arrested. Since I was basically telling them what I did, there would be no need for a trial.

I didn't care how long I would be in. Maybe this is where I'm supposed to be.

Next Day

I was taken into the prison with a few other women. I was obviously young as fuck compared to most of them. I already had my jumpsuit on, and my bag. I was taken to a room with two other girls. One bunk bed and one regular bed.

An old lady on the regular bed and I didn't know who was on the bottom bunk. I put my stuff up top and climbed up there.

"Welcome to Heaven Kid." The old lady said with a chuckle.

"Yeah. Thanks." I said laying down.

"What's your name?"

"Jalea."

"I'm Martha. People like to call me Martha Marbles because I don't seem to have any. I think you'll like our roomie though."

"Mhm." I said dryly.

"Not much of a talker I see." She said.

"Why would I want to talk to anyone here? I'm not here for friends." I said closing my eyes.

"Depends on how long you're in here. If you don't have anyone to talk to for all these years, you go a little crazy. Probably why I talk so much now." She explained. I just ignored her and turned over onto my stomach. I was in a bad mood. It was clear why obviously. I was in prison. I should have just tortured Crys. Without letting her know that I knew. But I let my anger get the best of me.

The door opened but I didn't lift my head to see who it was. I didn't feel like it.

"Meet Jalea." Martha said. I heard a gasp and sat up. I stared at Julissa wide eyed.

"What the fuck are you in here for?! I thought you were in Florida" I said jumping down from the bed. Martha watched us in awe.

"Wow I didn't even think you remembered who I was. You were about to wife up Ray and all. But I got caught in a drug heist with a few friends a month ago. Soo I'm in here now. What did you do?" She asked.

"I killed Crys." I said blankly.

"For what?" She asked without looking surprised.

"For killing Ray." Now she looked surprised.

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that J. Are you okay?"

"I'm good. Can't change shit so why dwell on it?" I asked leaning against the bed.

"True. I missed you though. We barely even dated but we had good times." She proclaimed.

"Yeah we did. You were the last person I would expect to pull off a drug heist or even try." I said.

"I'm just as much of a thug as you. I would have been your rider if I didn't have to move. But hey, two souls don't just meet by accident. We're here for a reason." She said smiling. I smirked and nodded my head.

"Yeah. Sure are."