22. I'm here

Song:
Ocean Drive - lighthouse family
***
     I stand still and hug myself. What do I do? I have no money with me as I didn't take my bag. I only have my phone. I scroll through my contacts.

Reid.

No I don't want him and Jess to see me this way. Abandoned like an unwanted dog. I wouldn't be able to take the eyes filled with pity and judgement. I didn't want to answer questions either. I bite my lips and scroll down.

Mom

Dad

Max the demon

Jamie bear

Jamie. The only one on earth I could always count on aside from my parents. He was currently in a different country with my family on a mission trip but I was a 100 percent sure he'd be on the next flight to come get me if he could. We came from a middle class home that couldn't afford that expense.

       I look around. I was new in this town so I didn't know where I was to even consider walking back. I open my Google map and type in my schools address. 2 hours by feet. Oh Lord.
I look around. Should I hitch a ride? But what if I met a serial killer? I shiver at the thought and immediately start walking. After walking for ten minutes, I cross the corner onto a street filled with shops. I keep walking. Cars pass by and people pass me. Each person on a different path towards their destination oblivious to the pain of the one standing next to them. That's life.

"Hera?"I hear a voice call out to me. I keep walking.

"Hera!" The voice calls out again.
I turn, looking around.

"Over here," The voice says.

"Nathan?" I say seeing Nathan in his Jeep, window down, a smile on his face. I immediately start crying realizing it was truly him and I wasn't alone.

He gets out of his car and rushes to my side engulfing me in a tight hug.

"It's okay, I'm here now," He says as I cry harder holding onto him tightly.

***

What do you think?
Don't forget to vote! Kisses 💕