XXXV : The Leaf and the Candle

I stared outside the window of the bus we were riding in. The humming sound the bus made as it zoomed on the road were filling my ears. I had yet to notify my parents that we were going to the beach. I imagined them coming home, expecting to see their supposedly ill daughter sleeping on her room or maybe sprawled on the couch, but ending up finding the house empty.

I turned the screen of my phone on, it automatically displayed dots and waited for the owner to swipe the unlock pattern across them. I know that if I call my mom, she will obviously yell at me and strongly forbid me to go, or even go as far as coming to the beach to pick me up. I hesitated to text her or not, at least telling her that I'm perfectly safe and sound. But I didn't know if I could handle playing blind at her worried replies. 

Jimin had not contacted his home too, not even Jisang. And it looked like that he wasn't planning to do it at all. He sat still, resting his head backwards, with his eyes travelling around the air above the seats in front of us. I don't want my mom to worry. But this strong voice inside my heart yelling about not wanting to waste any opportunity to go with Jimin had turned me into a person self-centered enough.

We had only been sitting on the bus for about fifteen minutes, the whole fifteen of it being silent, except for when I thanked Jimin for buckling my seatbelt. We went from the park to the bus station right away, me still wearing my oversized green flannel shirt, and him still on his blue hoodie. All we brought was only our phones and wallets. I finally turned off my phone's screen again and let out a long sigh, causing Jimin to turn his head towards me.

"Hey pretty woman," he said, his lips breaking into a smile.

I can't help but respond him with a half smile, still being worried and all.

"Still about three more hours to go," he said, "We.. We don't want to spend it like this, right?"

"Right," I offered an apologetic smile, "Sorry."

Unexpectedly, Jimin fished out something from his pocket.

Earphones.

"Nice," I giggled, making him grin as he plugged in the audio jack to his phone.

He scrolled through his music collection, trying to find the right song. After a few scrolls, his eyes suddenly lit up,

"Hey, you got to listen to this!" he placed one earbud into my ear, and one into his.

The sound of guys entering to a room and mumbling to each other was then heard. It took me a split second to realize that one of them was Jin oppa, and another second to figure out that the rest were Namjoon, Jungkook, Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi and Jimin himself.

"Hey, I made a killer beat," Yoongi announced after shushing the group down.

The boys then protested, saying that it was common and not even surprising anymore. But then they started showing positive response when the music played. All of a sudden, it became a cypher battle between the seven men, with Yoongi starting off first. I bobbed my head along and giggled as Yoongi and Namjoon rapped, already knowing that they were good.

But then Jungkook's voice appeared, rapping in an unexpectedly smooth flow. It was new to me that Jungkook was actually a good rapper too. Unknowingly, I was already squealing and repeatedly slapping Jimin's thigh. Jimin laughed as he watched me fangirl.

Then it was the others' turns, until it finally came to Jimin's, who was the last. He was then covering his face with his hands and laughing. I quieted him down and turned all serious as I waited for Jimin to start.

"Yo, yo, my name is Jimin

My rap makes the vocal team wet their pants

Taehyung, please get up, you smell a little fishy