Chapter Sixty Five

With the Burrow completely overcrowded for the holidays, Eleanor, Fred, George and Judith would return to the flat at night to sleep. On Christmas Eve, the four left the Burrow nearing midnight after a lengthy celebration and meal that would leave Eleanor feeling full for weeks. Everyone had pretty much gone to bed except Fred who decided he wanted a shower after his niece Stella had so graciously spit up on him during the festivities. When he walked out of the shower, the flat was silent. He entered the bedroom to find Eleanor curled up beneath one of her knitted quilts sound asleep, the excitement of the day leaving her exhausted.

Fred didn't feel tired but he knew he had to get some sleep as they would be returning to the Burrow early Christmas morning for everyone to open up presents and spend some time together. It was nice for the entire family to come together again. Even Percy would be dropping by with his girlfriend leaving the family curious as to who she was. Bill and Charlie were happy to spend a great deal of time together as their significant others bonded as well. Luckily for Fleur, Anora knew French from her mother, Simone's side allowing Fleur to speak freely in her native tongue happily. Although, it seemed Anora didn't realize what she had gotten herself into as Fleur went on for upon hours. By the end of the night, Charlie had found poor Anora asleep on the sofa with Eliza cradled in her arms as Fleur was still talking.

As he laid down next to Eleanor, the shift of the bed stirred the tired woman from her sleep as she opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Why are you wet?" she asked him in a sleepy tone.

"Because I went to go shower, remember?"

"Oh right." she grinned. "Sorry."

"It's nothing to be sorry about," he said pulled her into his chest allowing her to snuggle into him. "I know you're tired, especially after everything you ate."

"Your mother wouldn't stop filling up my plate..I panicked so I ate."

Fred laughed. "You don't have to eat everything she puts on your plate, love."

"I can't help it. I feel like I'm insulting her if I don't."

"You're not. She just wants to make sure everyone is well fed. But you don't have to eat until the point of exhaustion."

"Oh now you tell me, thanks a lot." she groaned resting her hand over her stomach.

"Want me to head downstairs and get you a puking-"

"No." she laughed. "No, I don't want to vomit. I nearly did when Anora was telling Fleur the story of when she found out she was pregnant. Between Anora saying how much she craved near raw meat and...you know what, I'm not even going to go any further or I'm going to make myself sick."

"Poor Ellie Bellie." Fred pouted at her as he placed his hand over hers that rested on her stomach. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have a surprise for you when you wake up in the morning."

She looked at her him, her eyes opening slightly wider. "You do?"

"I do. One that I think you'll very much enjoy. George and I have been working on a new product, mainly meant for the holidays but I could see it being purchased year around."

"So this surprise is you testing out yet another product on me?" she mused.

"Yes."

"Well, I'm curious to see what it is. But right now, I just want to cuddle you and sleep. How does that sound to you?"

"Sounds like a plan to me."

The next morning, Fred was the first to wake, ready to give Eleanor her first gift. He wanted to wait until she woke up on her own, however, she was taking far too long to wake up. That and Fred was just feeling incredibly impatient.

He nudged her until she sat up in the bed looking around. Her hair in her face and all over the place as she blinked several times to focus her eyes.

"What is it?" she yawned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's Christmas!"

Eleanor looked out the window. "So it is." she smiled before turning back to him. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, Ellie." he said setting a can down in her lap.

He watched as she just stared at it for a moment.

"Aren't you going to open it?"

"It's a can." she stated.

"Yes, I realize that Ellie, I'm glad to see your eyesight is holding up quite nicely in your old age."

She shot him a look.

"Is something going to jump out at me?"

"No...not really."

"What do you mean not really?!"

"Just open it, woman!"

"Fine. Fine!"

She opened the can and while nothing jumped out at her directly, the pop noise startled her quite a bit.

"Fre-" She stopped herself when she realized it was snowing in the bedroom. "Wow."

Fred watched in amusement as she lifted her hand up to catch several snowflakes that fell into the palm of her hand and instantly melted.

"It's snowing!" Eleanor squealed happily standing up on the bed.

While the snow seemingly fell from nowhere, the enchantment allowed one to feel it on their skin but it would never reach the ground and stick.

"This is amazing." she said looking to him. "How did you come up with it?"

"The muggles developed something similar to it...called snow in a can, but it's no fun at all. You simply open the can and add water and the fake snow just accumulates. I thought this was a much better alternative."

"I agree this is much better! It's snow on the go! Take it wherever you go! Get the feeling of the holidays whenever you're feeling low." Eleanor said developing the sales pitch without realizing what she was doing.

Fred sat with a warm smile on his face as Eleanor continued to play with the instant snow.

"I'm glad you like it, love."