Chapter Ten

#ripharambe #dicksoutforharambe

Better Than Revenge

Chapter 10

"I can't work with him!"

"I can't work with her!"

Nora sighed, rubbing her temples. "Okay, one at a time, please."

"I can't work with him!"

"I can't work with her!"

"Let me talk," I snapped angrily.

"Why do you get to talk first?" he demanded, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because!" I said simply.

"You're just going to try to make me look bad," he accused haughtily.

"I don't even have to try," I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest. "You do a fine job of that all by yourself."

He let out a loud, irritated breath. "Why can't you just be like the rest of them?"

"The rest of them?" I repeated incredulously. "What, you mean like the rest of the mindless androids who worship the ground you walk on and obsess over your every move?"

"Well... not when you put it that way... you make it sound so much worse. But yes, I guess that's what I mean," he said slowly.

I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me for not fawning over you. I just don't see what's so great about you."

This greatly offended him. "What?"

I burst out laughing. "Oh God, the look on your face... that just made my day. Is it honestly so hard to believe that there's one person on this planet that doesn't think you're the shit?"

"Well... yes," he replied honestly. "It is."

I snickered. "You better start getting used to it, then, because I'm not going to change my mind about you."

He threw me an angry look and was just about to speak when Nora interrupted.

"Are you two done now?" she asked calmly. "Have you gotten it all out of your systems?"

"No," Christian and I chorused.

She sighed, shaking her head. "I knew it would be hard, but I didn't think it would be this hard..."

"What are you talking about?" Christian asked curiously.

"It's definitely worth it, though," she muttered to herself.

I gave her a strange look. "What's worth it?"

"Hmm?" she asked, looking up at us. It seemed as if she had forgotten we were there. "Oh, nothing, don't listen to me! I'm just prattling on! Let's go back inside so we can get started. And please... please try to get along. Just try."

Christian and I glanced at each other, glaring. "Fine," I muttered after she gave us a reprimanding look. "I'll try."

Nora nodded curtly and spun around, heading back inside. I reluctantly followed her with Christian on my tail.

We were having the read-through in the same building the auditions took place in. The set wasn't ready yet, so Nora decided to just have it here. I had yet to step foot on set. I heard the set was going to be at an abandoned mansion, though. As long as it wasn't haunted, I was fine with that.

It took us another five minutes thanks to Christian and me, but finally, we began with the read-through. The name basically stated everything we did: we read through the script. We didn't have to get up and act anything out. It was just reading through.