Chapter 28

"Disgusting." The woman sneered as she glared at a young Alaricas.

I watched with sorrow, I wanted to help him, to protect him, but I couldn't. All I could do is watch his flashback play through.

Alaricas didn't look at his so called mother, he continued looking down. She clenched her jaw and slapped him across the face.

"Look at me you piece of shit!" She snarled.

He was shaking as he slowly looked up at her. I watched as even more anger shined in her eyes.

"A strong alpha doesn't shake!" She sneered.

"I-I'm sorry, Luna." Alaricas replied, able to hold a steady tone.

She nodded, "Good. Now, go and fight Simon. If you lose, you don't get any dinner and your father will beat you. Got it?"

"Yes, Luna."

"Now, get out of my sight. I'm already on the brink of puking."

Alaricas quickly left the room as it faded into darkness.

I thought I would wake up, but the darkness suddenly turned to light. I frowned as I watched a teen Alaricas walk on to the training grounds. He growled at passing warriors before standing beside his father.

His eyes were cold and empty, his stance was intimidating and his whole being demanded attention.

I bit back a growl as I saw girls stare at him with just, but he ignored them.

"You know what to do." His father growled.

Alaricas nodded and walked over to a man. He looked at him with sorrow.

"Alaricas, don't do this. Please." The man pleaded.

A flash of pain ran across his eyes before they were emotionless again. He clenched his jaw and gently grabbed he man's head.

"I'm sorry, uncle." He whispered in a broken voice. Low enough for only the man to hear.

The man offered a smile, "I understand."

Without further hesitation, Alaricas snapped the man's neck. He then turned around and nodded at his father.

"Good. You're learning fast, Alaricas. There's no room for love in an alpha's heart." His father said.

I woke up to see Alaricas sitting against the headboard, his eyes were wet with unshed tears. I frowned at him, just by the pain in his eyes when he killed his uncle, I knew he and his uncle were close. I silently wondered why his father forced him to kill him. It didn't make sense.

"You can ask me." He whispered.

I frowned, "What?"

"You can ask me about that man. My uncle."

I didn't want to ask him, knowing it would only cause more pain, but I couldn't keep the question from escaping my mouth.

"Were you two close?"

He smiled sadly, "We were. He was like a father to me, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know what love is. He was always there for me whenever my parents hit me. He would take me to his wife and have her heal me."

"She didn't blame me for killing him, she knew I didn't have a choice. It was either his life or...."

He choked on his words and quickly looked down. I gently grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"You can tell me." I whispered.

He took a shaky breath.

"Or the pack's."