Chapter 179.

(The songs for the chapter are, You could be happy-Snow Patrol, Ashes and Wine-A fine frenzy, wrecking ball-Miley Cyrus, heartbreak warfare-John Mayer, holding on and letting go-Ross Coperman)

Hardin's POV.

I can taste my tears and her hesitation on her lips as I wrap my arm around her waist to bring her body against mine. I press my palm against the small of her back and kiss her harder, it's a feverish and purely emotional kiss and I could pass out from the relief of her mouth on mine.

I know I won't have long before she pushes me away so I take in every movement of her tongue, every barely audible gasp falling from her lips.

All of the pain from the last eleven days nearly evaporates when her arms wrap around my waist and in this moment, more than ever, I know that no matter how much we fight we will always find a way back to each other. Always.

After I watched her walk back into the house I sat in my car for a second before finally growing some fucking balls and going after her. I have let her slip away too many times and I can't take the chance of it being the last. I lost it, I couldn't help but cry as Landon closed the door behind her. I knew that I had to come after her, I had to fight for her before someone else takes her from me. I will show her that I can be who she wants me to be, not completely but I can show her how much I love her and that I won't allow her to walk away so easily, not anymore.

"Hardin.." She says and gently presses her hand against my chest and pushes me back, breaking our kiss.

"Don't Tessa." I beg her, I'm not ready for it to end yet.

"Hardin you can't just kiss me and expect everything to be okay. Not this time." She whispers and I fall to my knees in front of her.

"I know, I don't know why I let you walk away again but I'm sorry. So sorry, baby." I tell her, hoping the use of the word will help me.

I wrap my arms around her legs and her hands move to my head, caressing and running her fingers through my hair.

"I know I always fuck everything up and I know I can't treat you the way that I have been. I just love you so much that it overwhelms me and I don't know what the fuck to do half the time so I just say things on impulse and I don't think of how the words effect you. I know I keep breaking your heart but please.. please let me fix it. I'll put it back together and I won't dare to break it again. I'm sorry, I'm always sorry I know. I will get a fucking shrink or something, I don't care, just.." I sob into her legs.

I grab ahold of the waistband of the boxers and slide them down.

"What are you.." She stops my hands.

"Please, just take them off. I can't stand you wearing them, please..I won't touch you just let me take them off." I beg and she lifts her hands from mine, returning them to my hair as I slide the boxers to the floor and she steps out of them.

Her hand moves under my chin to lift my head up. Her small fingers caress my cheek then move up to wipe away the tears from my eyes. Her face holds a confused expression and she watches me carefully as if she's studying me.

"I don't understand you." She tells me, still swiping her thumb across my tear stained cheeks.

"I don't either." I agree and she frowns.

I stay in this position, kneeling in front of her, begging for her to give me one last chance even though I have blown through more chances than I deserve.

The bathroom is full of steam and her hair is sticking to her face and moisture is beginning to pool on her skin. God she's beautiful.

"We can't keep going back and forth Hardin, it's not good for either of us."